New Job Citizen Recognitions, Events And Protocol Advisor In Alberta
|Citizen Recognitions, Events and Protocol Advisor|
Citizen Recognitions, Events and Protocol Advisor
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $35.51–$47.49 an hour
Location : Alberta
The City of Calgary is looking for an experienced professional to be involved with protocol, citizen recognitions, and corporate events. The work will include planning, organizing, and implementing projects, citizen recognition programs, and protocol related activities and events. Primary duties include:
- Plan, organize, and implement specific citizen recognition programs and protocol related events (ceremonies, dignitary visits, hosting functions, meetings and conventions) including the Calgary Awards Program.
- Support and coordinate protocol related activities.
- Prepare of a wide range of creative and technical documents.
- Liaise with external organizations and other levels of government regarding projects and developing partnerships.
- Communicate and respond to Calgarian’s requests.
- Develop communication plans, strategies and policies related to the business unit's mandate.
- Provide consultation related to event management and hosting for the corporation.
- Conduct research and analysis as it relates to protocol, citizen recognitions, and event management.
- A completed 1 year certificate or diploma in Communications, Marketing, Event Management, Journalism, or Public Relations.
- At least 3 years of experience in event management, citizen recognitions, or public relations.
- An intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) along with previous experience maintaining databases is required.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience in event planning and implementation (for example: conference management, meetings, and ceremonies).
- Experience in protocol (for example: diplomatic relations, precedence, and etiquette) is considered an asset.
- Preference will be given to applicants that possess a related degree.
- A Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) and Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong background in the preparation of a wide range of written documents.
- The ability to communicate strategically and demonstrate excellence in creative thinking, planning, and organization is necessary.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Applicants will be tested for appropriate skills.