New Job Career And Employment Consultant In Alberta
|Career and Employment Consultant|
Career and Employment Consultant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $5,176–$6,796 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 44349
Ministry: Seniors, Community and Social Services
Location: Edmonton and surrounding area
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: June 18, 2023
Classification: Subsidiary 02B 3625 Program Services 3
The Department of Seniors, Community and Social Services leads income, employment, disabilities and community-based supports, seniors supports, family violence prevention, and family & community support services.
The Delivery Services Division is working to help better connect Albertans to programs and services and to ensure Albertans have access to the right services at the right time through a common front-end experience whether through our contact centers or in-person offices.
To find out more about our work visit:
The Seniors, Community and Social Services Ministry is looking for professionals to be a part of a team that work together to reach a common goal of helping build Alberta's workforce in the Edmonton and surrounding area. If you are a positive and energetic team player and believe in outcome-based decision-making, this may be a good fit for you.
This position involves the ability to work with diverse Albertans in various stages of need, and utilizes problem-solving techniques to support de-escalation/conflict resolution/negotiating and troubleshooting Albertans circumstances. Apply knowledge of human behavior theories while applying career development and employment counselling techniques to support change, growth and development towards increased employability. Experience to toggle between multiple electronic systems and to communicate simultaneously is an asset.
This position provides case management and supports individual progress in meeting the goals defined in their individual action plan. As a Career and Employment Consultant (CEC), you will monitor and support the Albertans’ action plan by ensuring the Albertan is committed and accountable for progress towards their self-sufficiency. As a CEC you have a working knowledge of the labor market, labor trends and employment readiness supports and programs to assist Albertans attachment to employment. Responsibilities involve assessment, action plan development, case management supports and ensuring Albertans have timely access to services and resources.
Ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Key Skills: assessment, crisis intervention, conflict resolution, change management, career transitioning, time management, technology, prioritizing and multi-tasking.
- Demonstrate Initiative: self-starter, flexible, eager to learn, seek improvements, reliable, hard working, accountable and responsible.
- Build Relationships: develop and maintain collaborative relationships, partnerships and network with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Communicate: clearly convey and receive information verbally and in writing, demonstrate ability to choose a communication style that is appropriate and effective.
- Problem Solving: make informed decisions, show an ability to assess options and implications in order to identify solutions.
- Conflict Resolution: experience and ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm and effective manner; demonstrate de-escalation skills.
University degree in Social Sciences (Social Work, Sociology, Education or Psychology) preferred, or related field, plus two years of progressively responsible related experience OR a two-year diploma in Social Sciences (Social Work, Sociology, or Psychology) preferred, or related field, plus 4 years of progressively responsible related experience.
Equivalency: Directly related education or experience considered on the basis of:
- 1 year of education for 1 year of experience; or
- 1 years of experience for 1 year of education.
The following will be considered assets:
- Current and/or Previous related Government of Alberta (GOA) Experience;
- Experience working in social based programs;
- Related experience with Income Support, financial analysis, career planning process and labor market information;
- Experience with Case Management;
- Experience working with individuals who face barriers to employment.
If you possess any of these assets, please outline them in your resume. Please outline your related experience, including any previous Government of Alberta experience, by clearly indicating the length of time in years and months and where the experience was obtained.
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
- Drive for Results
- Develop Self and Others
- Build Collaborative Environments
- Develop Networks
- Systems Thinking
- Creative Problem Solving
$2,588.06 to 3,397.76 bi-weekly ($67,548 to $88, 681/year)
Hours of work are 36.25 weekly.
Positions available include:
- Edmonton and Surrounding Area (permanent and temporary)
Final candidates will be required to undergo a security screening.
The successful candidate will be required to have a valid Alberta Driver's license and have access to a reliable vehicle as travel will be required.
What GoA has to offer:
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Tomasz Gruszka at [email protected]
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check