New Job Care Team Leader - Continuing Care Assistant, Home Care... In Nova Scotia
|Care Team Leader - Continuing Care Assistant, Home Care...|
Care Team Leader - Continuing Care Assistant, Home Care...
Company : Right at Home
Salary : $20–$22 an hour
Location : Nova Scotia
Are you an experienced PSW/CCA that drives with a professional work ethic, integrity and commitment that you bring? Are you seeking a professional opportunity with an opportunity for medical benefits? Are you looking for an organization that recognizes the contribution you make to families in the community? Do you excel above the rest in your commitment to your profession? Do you want to lead your team of PSW/CCA’s?
Right at Home is looking to add to our team of exceptional caregivers to assist with PSW/CCA/HCA support for Monday through Sunday, including client visits and community based hours, in the Halifax Region. Must be reliable and must drive. Every second weekend availability is a must, open to on-call shifts. References required.
Right at Home - Home Health Care is part of an International family of over 550 Care Offices around the globe. We provide a full suite of both non-medical and medical care, products and services to older adults and disabled adults who want to continue to live independently at home, wherever home is for them. At Right at Home, we are dedicated to providing an exceptional experience for both our Professional Caregivers and our Client families. We pride ourselves in personalized, boutique approach to in-home health care. We offer a unique care delivery model including Care Teams, which leads to relationship-oriented care services. Our core values of approachability, accountability, authenticity and integrity permeate everything we do.
Right at Home is looking for a team of special individuals who can offer a highly professional approach and commitment to our client families and to Right at Home. We are looking for caregivers that live in the Halifax Region.
What Right at Home Offers:
As a Professional Caregiver with our Right at Home office, we offer the following:
- Opportunity for Extended Health Benefits (single and family)
- Consistency with clients and Care Teams
- Opportunity to bring meaningful support to your clients’ lives
- Case conferences and mentorship
- Career path opportunities with specialty training/specialized Care Teams
- Educational Opportunities
- A employer committed to your Professional Caregiver
- Competitive Wages + Vacation Pay
All our Right at Home Care Team members are incredible! They are passionate, patient, caring and committed.
Most of all, they bring pride and a professional work ethic to everything they do. Our ideal Professional Caregivers have friendly personality, patience, a consistently positive attitude, and communicate well to clients of all types, both one-on-one and in groups. They are responsible and hold themselves to the highest professional standards. Our team members have a strong desire to work with an employer who views them as family and are committed to working with their care team members as family.
Our candidates will need:
- Caregiver/Homemaker experience (preferred)
- Working in community-based client homes (multiple clients a day) and/or private pay clients.
- Hours vary 7 days a week
- Open to weekends and casual work to build a clientele
- PSW/CCA certification or equivalent (2nd year nursing student or internationally licensed nurses)
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with the support of your team.
- Updated immunizations.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Must drive and have access to their own vehicle.
- Police Criminal Reference Check
- Current certificate in standard first-aid and CPR
- Ability to travel freely to see clients
Accountable for the day-to-day leadership of CCA/PSW team in collaboration with Care Planner and Care Coordinator.
Coordination of client care, supervision and support of the care team and problem solving with clients and families.
Working closely with other caregivers and clients and their families in the community and in retirement homes in a professional, compassionate and meaningful manner.
Communicating closely with the team and relaying any pertinent information regarding team members and client care needs and/or concerns.
Relationship development with caregivers, clients and their families.
Drop off PPE when needed, assist with recruitment, etc.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Meeting all new clients, performing home assessments
- Assisting with personal grooming
- Dressing and undressing
- Mobilization activities (turning, transferring, exercising and walking)
- Eating and meal preparations
- Specialty care an asset (i.e. Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Chronic Conditions)
- Companionship, outings
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with the support of your team
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Must be physically and mentally fit to handle the demands of caregiving
- Be able to assist with Business Development
Work Locations: within the Halifax Regional Municipality
- Client homes
- Locations outside of the client’s home and other sites as needed.
If you are the right fit, we would love to offer you a Team Lead position
Please reply to this ad with cover letter.
We will be happy to schedule a time for you to learn more about us, and for us to learn about you.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
All COVID-19 protocols in place.
- Do you drive and have access to a vehicle?
- Do you have a valid PSW/CCA certification?
- Are you available every second weekend?
- Are you located in Halifax?
- Do you have a valid CPR and criminal record check?
- Did you have a TB test done within the last year?
Work Location: In person