New Job Business Development Director, Turnkey Systems, North America In Quebec
|Business Development Director, Turnkey Systems, North America|
Business Development Director, Turnkey Systems, North America
Company : ALSTOM
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
- Leverage relationships with Developers, Contractors, Financiers, Operators in Infrastructure and Public Private Partnership (P3) project environment to develop sustainable business opportunities that will ensure achievement of all NAM Turnkey sales objectives;
- Identify and Develop Turnkey pipeline for Turnkey Infrastructure and P3 target rail pursuits, and once identified, and after securing internal buy-in, optimally position Alstom on a winning team; negotiate with partners and implement the contractual structure for such complex turnkey and infrastructure pursuits with respect to Equity participation, EPC Participation and O&M participation, as appropriate (noting that total contract value of Turnkey Infrastructure and P3 pursuits typically exceeds USD $1Billion);
- During the procurement period for such Turnkey Infrastructure or P3 pursuits in which Alstom participates, assume the role of Tender Leader, being the key interface and lead for all commercial interactions and contractual negotiation with partners (including equity providers/civil contractors/operators/maintainers), as well as the interface internally with Central functions, and Tender Support and Control.
RESPONSABILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop, maintain and nurture customer, agency, partner, consultant, developer, operator and financier relationships with stakeholders in rail infrastructure environment;
- Develop and initiate strategies to ensure achievement of sales objectives in rail Turnkey Infrastructure and P3 project environment;
- Identify and position Alstom for pipeline projects identified through relationships, strategic teaming discussions, and negotiation of scope and percentage interests with joint-venture partners
- Monitor financial and project performance of potential partners (civil/developer/financier) to ensure optimal teaming arrangements;
- As Tender Leader for assigned pursuits:
- Lead teaming activities for Alstom on target pursuits;
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with Customer Directors, Developers, Operator and all Stakeholders involved in the pursuit;
- Assume responsibility for commercial strategy (including pricing strategy) and all commercial and legal deliverables for pursuit; ensure all financial risks and legal requirements are properly addressed by the relevant support functions (taxes, insurances, bonds, etc.)
- Lead negotiation of all contracts at relevant levels (equity participation/EPC participation/O&M participation/Interface agreements);
- Prepare and present all internal governance documents to ensure that corporate approval is secured prior to bidding/committing;
- Coordinate with external and internal stakeholders to ensure preparation of professional, winning proposal
- Ensure that Ethics & Compliance rules are applied
- Lead the negotiations with the customer up until contract signature
- Ensure proper transition, hand-off with Customer Director and Project Manager once the contract is signed
- Ensure close coordination with DIS Platform in relation to product and market developments, competitors’ activities, turnkey and P3 developments and trends and teaming activities on rail infrastructure projects; Update Region, Platforms and Marketing & Strategy on status of the opportunities
- Keep all prospective customers, consultants, and developers aware and knowledgeable about Alstom products, innovations and engineering services.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of company products, systems, engineering services and new developments; keep abreast of competitive market and infrastructure project activity.
- Closely collaborate with internal and external Stakeholders on all assigned pursuits to ensure Alstom’s bid for each given pursuit is fully optimized to achieve successful outcome.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Business or law or engineering degree, required
- 10 years of relevant experience, preferred
- P3 or turnkey construction experience, mandatory
- Railway experience, an asset
- Experience with a variety of commercial schemes, preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of various mass transit modes, preferred
- P3s/Turnkey or Rail industry network and working knowledge of Customer/Developer/Contractor base in U.S and Canada (including Québec), essential
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property matters, preferred
- Bilingual (French and English) is mandatory.
Position is located in Montréal, QC.
Some travel will be required in North America. There will be some limited international travel
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: Business Development, Equity, CSR, Procurement, Sales, Finance, Management, Operations