New Job Behavioral Health Coordinator With Momentum Developmental Support In Newfoundland And Labrador
|Behavioral Health Coordinator with Momentum Developmental Support|
Behavioral Health Coordinator with Momentum Developmental Support
Company : Seafair Capital
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Momentum Developmental Support began as a residential-care system for adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Our team quickly learned these vibrant, complex people didn't just need housing and supervision. Rather, they needed a team who understood their abilities and mental health experiences. So we adapted, to met our clients where they are and focus on enhancing futures.
Momentum is currently seeking a Behavioral Health Coordinator to join our team in St. Johns, NL.
It's more than just a job!
As the Behavioral Health Coordinator (BHC) you are responsible for providing behavioral coordination support services to our clients, as well as collaborating with Regional health Authority Behavioral Management Specialists & Momentum Home Managers, to develop and implement behavioral management plans with your assigned client(s). The BHC oversees the capturing of behavioral data, evaluates intervention strategies, and provides monitoring and support of developmental support workers in the use and implementation of positive behavioral supports via the organization's crisis intervention framework.
Summary of essential job functions
- Conducts home and community-based visits to provide in depth behavioral and functional assessments. Observes behavior/skill performance, elicits reports of client behavior and skill from parents/caregivers/support staff; observes interaction within the home; measures behavior/skill; explains targets; reviews data and provides feedback on success of interventions.
- Works in close collaboration with Regional Health Authority Behavioral Management Specialists and Momentum Home Managers in ensuring front-line staff are following the Behavioral Support Plan guidelines, and provides ad-hoc support for same, and are following positive behavioral support approaches.
- In cooperation with the Regional Health Authority, administers standardized assessments that measures client's maladaptive, and adaptive behavior in activities of daily living.
- Writes bio-psychosocial client reports that document the results of individualized behavioral assessments; areas of client strength and needs; and the intervention plan which is designed to address identified needs.
- Maintains documentation on a behavioral support plan to address problems and assist clients in developing to their maximum potential.
- Compiles workload statistics and maintains accurate records of assessments, treatments, intervention strategies and progress of clients.
- Consults and collaborates with other professionals regarding plan of care for clients.
- Develops and delivers professional workshops, training and presentations.
- Works within an inter-disciplinary team to provide behavioral intervention support to clients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
- May assist with screening new referrals in the admissions process.
What you'll bring?
You will have an undergraduate degree in psychology from a recognized post-secondary institution. Course work in behavioral modification and program design is required. Previous experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities and/or mental health would be considered an asset. You'll need to have knowledge of individual program planning, functional analysis and behavioral management techniques. Previous certification in CPI's Non-Violent Crisis Intervention program would be considered an asset. You'll also need a drivers license and access to a private vehicle you can use for work to get around to see your clients.
Got the job! What's next?
Expect an environment where no two days are the same. Embrace every opportunity to learn and grow while being constantly guided by our Core Values: Integrity, Quality, Community, Action, and FUN. We offer a competitive compensation package, with group health and dental benefits, RRSPs and a variety of technology supports (to name a few). If you think you'd be an excellent contributor to our team, reach out!
Please apply on/or before June 19th 2023.