New Job Band 5 - Executive Director - Strategy Planning And Evaluation In British Columbia
|BAND 5 - Executive Director - Strategy Planning and Evaluation|
BAND 5 - Executive Director - Strategy Planning and Evaluation
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $119,600–$152,600 a year
Location : British Columbia
Bring your vision, leadership and strategic planning skills to this important role
The Public Health Strategy, Planning and Evaluation branch leads the strategic planning, governance of the population and public health sector, initiatives to advance health equity, as well as performance measurement, analysis, and evaluation of progress against identified system and population health priorities.
The Executive Director will provide leadership and strategic direction for developing and implementing policies through the Guiding Framework for Population and Public Health, as well as system-wide standards,
legislation and regulations. This position is responsible for aligning the sector around strategic priorities, monitor and evaluate progress on the Guiding Framework Action Plan, in consultation with partners across the sector including Indigenous governing bodies and Indigenous service organizations, academia and community- based organizations.
- Graduate degree in public or business administration, health administration, or a related field, and minimum of eight (8) years of related experience* in the health sector OR;
- An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training may be considered.
Related experience may include:
- Experience leading complex projects and processes in a multi-disciplinary environment, preferably involving large health or social service sector organizations.
- Experience working productively and cooperatively with internal and external partners.
- Experience managing projects, including planning, and coordinating resources and team members.
- Experience leading initiatives related to population and public health, health equity, or the determinants of health.
- Experience leading and managing work in the health or social service sector.
- Experience leading intersectoral partnerships/initiatives at the provincial level.
- Experience promoting evidence-based solutions to health or social service sector issues linked with controversy and highly charged public debate.
For questions regarding this position, please contact [email protected].
About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
This position is excluded from union membership.
Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact [email protected] or 778-405-3452.
How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.
Cover Letter: YES - A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Questionnaire: YES - You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.