New Job Audit Assistant Manager In Nova Scotia
|Audit Assistant Manager|
Audit Assistant Manager
Company : CNS Accounting Solutions Ltd.
Salary : $85,000 a year
Location : Nova Scotia
Company/Employer: CNS Accounting Solutions
Contact Information/Business Address
CNS Accounting Solutions Ltd.
1701 Hollis Street, Suite 720
Halifax, NS B3J 3M8
Email: [email protected]
Title of Position: Audit Assistant Manager
Term of employment: Full-time (37.5 hours/week) and permanent
Offered Wage: $43.59 / hour
Number of Positions: multiple vacancies
Start Date: As soon as possible
CNS Accounting Solutions is looking for an Audit Assistant Manager with experience in public practice audit of Asset Management or Captive Insurance companies for its office in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Working with teams across our Halifax and Grand Cayman Office, the Audit Assistant Manager will be responsible for:
- planning, executing and finalizing external financial statement audit engagements of mainly hedge funds, private equity funds and captive insurance companies, as well as supervising, directing, and reviewing the work of staff and senior auditors doing the same;
- performing and reviewing documentation of various audit procedures;
- reviewing financial statements with disclosures, and applying most areas of the relevant financial reporting standards;
- being involved in reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements as well as other non-assurance engagements as the need arises;
- project and financial management;
- working within budgets and reporting timetables;
- acting as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the partner and any managers. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating clients’ requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients;
- mentoring and training junior staff and working directly with the audit managers who will support and guide you.
- day-to-day contact with all members of the audit team and the clients. It is imperative that you develop strong working relationships with the members of your team and your clients.
Education/ Skills/ Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent is required
- Four (4) or more years of immediate recent external auditing experience is required.
- Two (2) or more years of prior supervisory experience is required.
- Experience auditing Asset Management (hedge funds, PE Funds, VC Funds) or Captive Insurance sector clients is preferred.
License/Certifications: CPA or other international accounting designation is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and Office 365 applications is required.
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools is required.
Other required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform a financial statement audit.
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, IFRS, ISA, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm.
- Ability to work independently and within a group environment, to understand instructions and perform tasks assigned.
- Ability to delegate tasks and clearly explain how to achieve objectives.
- Excellent people development and delegation skills, including training/instruction and ability to provide timely and relevant feedback.
- Superior analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implement appropriate resolutions.
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy. Solid time and project management skills, allowing you to stay organized and prioritize tasks based on deadlines and feedback from your managers
Language of work: English
· Extended health and dental benefits, life insurance, critical illness, accidental death and disbursement and long-term disability
· $1000 for medical expenses
· $500 Personal Spending Account
· RSP matched up to 5% of salary
· Eligible for discretionary bonus
How to Apply:
· Submit resume in English to recru[email protected] with subject line "CNS Assistant Manager | Indeed"
· No phone calls and no agency calls
Job location: 1701 Hollis Street, Suite 720, Halifax, NS B3J 3M8 (may involve travel to the Cayman Islands and other strategic locations outside of Canada)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $85,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Halifax, NS