New Job Audit And Revenue Management Supervisor In Prince Edward Island
|Audit and Revenue Management Supervisor|
Audit and Revenue Management Supervisor
Company : Government of Prince Edward Island
Salary : $38.72–$48.43 an hour
Location : Prince Edward Island
Audit and Revenue Management Supervisor opportunity with The Government of Prince Edward Island!
- $38 - $48 an hour
- Full Time Permanent with Pension
- Relocation Assistance
- Flexible Work From Home Options (Hybrid)
- and much more!
The PEI Department of Finance and Treasury Board Secretariat aims to encourage the development of an innovative, diverse and inclusive workforce which enables the organization to realize its goals.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Manager in the administration and coordination of the audits conducted by the Division. These audits are conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Revenue Administration Act and may include the Gasoline Tax Act, Tobacco Tax Act and Environment Tax Act and related Regulations: under the provisions of the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) and the International Registration Plan (IRP) and under the provisions of the Emergency 911 Act and the Beverage Containers Act and associated Regulations.
The position is responsible for supervising audit staff to maximize audit recovery and the accounts receivable collections function within the Division.
Duties will include:
- Supervising Tax Compliance and Revenue Management Auditor and the Tax Compliance and Records Coordinator to
ensure the ongoing progress towards the achievement of audit section objectives is met and the consistent application of tax legislation, fee legislation and international agreements;
- Reviewing of all working papers in the audit file and assessment of the completeness and accuracy of contents, then signing off on all audit files once reviewed;
- Providing tax interpretations, written responses to taxpayers and sitting on the interpretation committee;
- Reviewing overdue and delinquent accounts reports, identifying further action, communicating with account holders
and initiating suspension and judgments;
- Preparing doubtful accounts for Division’s receivables for submission to Comptroller’s office and preparing
Treasury Board memos for submission of write-off accounts;
- Maintaining judgment files and reviewing overdue PST accounts;
- Responding to Access PEI, general public and meeting with taxpayers for interpretations;
- Maintaining list of tobacco and gasoline wholesalers, tire vendors, telecommunications providers, beverage container distributors and inter-jurisdictional carriers to be audited;
- Conducting complex audits, reviewing objections of audits and appeals of assessment;
- Other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in business (or related discipline) with a professional accounting designation;
- Extensive related audit experience with strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Professional manner, exercising tact and diplomacy in a regulatory environment;
- Knowledge of the Province of PEI tax legislation and related regulations;
- Knowledge of the International Fuel Tax Agreement and International Registration Plan;
- Applicants must have a good previous work and attendance record. The successful candidate must provide
a satisfactory Criminal Records Check prior to beginning employment.
- Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
Please Note: Preference will be given to UPSE Civil employees as per the UPSE Civil Collective Agreement.
Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38.72-$48.43 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottetown, PE C1A 1P9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Auditing: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-07-03