New Job Assessment Assistant In Saskatchewan
Company : City of Saskatoon
Salary : $51,508–$56,787 a year
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Corporate Financial Services
Department: Corporate Revenue
Term: 1 Temp Full Time position available for approximately 12 months.
Closing Date: 06/23/2023
Labour Group: CUPE 59
Under the supervision of the Assessment Manager, this position performs a variety of duties related to the assessment function for the Assessment Office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides customer service and support, including fulfilling information requests and booking appointments.
- Prepares, sends, receives, organizes and tracks information required for the determination and support of assessment values for properties within the City of Saskatoon.
- Collects, enters and performs necessary follow up on a variety of assessment data, including income and expense information, sales, ownership changes and other property related data.
- Merges data from multiple sources to respond to customers and prepares letters for distribution.
- Files all types of correspondence, information, etc.
- Checks, inspects and enters building sketches for properties, including collecting data regarding new construction, additions, deletions, etc.
- Assists with various office duties, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of one-year post-secondary real property assessment program.
- One year’s experience in an assessment appraisal office or related field.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to process large volumes of data with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a field environment, including inspecting properties at all stages of construction.
- Skill in the use of a computer with the Microsoft Office Suite
Requires Security Check
Acceptable current Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS) upon offer of employment.
Weekly Hours: 36.67
Salary Range: $51,508.08 to $56,787.36 CAD per annum (2023 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected].