New Job Accounting Assistant 3 In Ontario
|ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT 3|
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT 3
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 38754
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Purchasing
Division & Section: Policy, Planning, Finance & Admin, PPF&A Financial Management
Work Location: Metro Hall and/or various work locations
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary (up to 11 month) Vacancies
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $34.48 - $37.78, Wage Grade 9
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 2
Posting Period: 19-June-2023 to 03-July-2023
- Researches and analyzes financial information
- Prepares financial reports and other financial information
- Reviews, analyzes and reconciles accounts, including commitments, parked documents and vendor accounts
- Processes vendor invoices for payment processing prior to submission to accounts payable and ensures compliance with divisional signing authority limits and corporate policies and procedures and relevant bylaws
- Liaises with corporate finance and divisional staff to resolve outstanding accounting issues
- Provides assistance and advice on accounting and financial related matters to the divisions Researches and analyzes accounting/financial documents to verify validity of transactions processed in SAP
- Reviews, analyzes General Ledger expenditure accounts, processes reclassification adjustments Processes purchasing documents such as Purchase Requisitions, Divisional Purchase Orders, Purchase Orders, Contract Release Orders against Blanket Contracts ensuring compliance with divisional and corporate policies, procedures and all relevant by laws
- Administers and maintains the Petty Cash Fund including the preparation of the Petty Cash summary form for the replenishment of the float ensuring compliance with divisional and corporate policies, procedures and all relevant by laws
- Liaises with internal and external parties to address all financial related matters Able to work out of more than one location on a continuous basis
- Assists in preparing working papers and processes period end and year end entries Assists on projects and assignments and other duties as assigned
- Responsible for records management activities
- Other duties may be assigned as per operational needs
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Present enrolment towards completion of a professional accounting designation and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience in accounting.
- Considerable experience in municipal accounting or relevant private sector experience in accounting.
- Considerable experience in the analysis, investigation and processes relating to accounts receivable and/or accounts payable.
- Considerable experience in analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports using Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Experience using a financial information system, such as SAP or an equivalent accounting system.
You must also have:
- Working knowledge of the City's accounting procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Corporate Financial Control, Purchasing By-laws and federal and provincial legislation relevant to the position
- Strong interpersonal skills (excellent verbal and written skills) with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, and the public
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and work in a fast paced team environment
- Thorough understanding of account structures and integration between various modules within SAP financial system or an equivalent accounting system
- Knowledge of financial and internal controls
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of a team
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to plan, organize and manage work with minimal supervision and complete number of tasks simultaneously for multiple management staff.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Hybrid Work Program
The City of Toronto's Workplace Modernization Program is re-imagining how we work in our workplace. Its vision is to provide flexibility to our employees around how we work and where we work. It will also support a better work-life balance, improved job satisfaction and employee engagement. Improving the work experience is at the core of this program and everyone plays a significant role in its realization. We have introduced the Hybrid Work Program which supports a more modern and flexible way of working. The hybrid approach will allow us to keep the best of remote work while integrating the important aspects of in-person collaboration and team-work.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.