New Job 23-094E - Recreation Manager (Full Time) In British Columbia
|23-094e - Recreation Manager (Full Time)|
23-094e - Recreation Manager (Full Time)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $114,577–$134,796 a year
Location : British Columbia
Are you a seasoned recreation professional with considerable technical and managerial experience? Has this experience equipped you to effectively deliver a variety of recreation services and manage people, equipment and facilities? If you naturally connect with people, enjoy the variety and challenge of a dynamic, fast-paced work-environment and are a self-starter who does your best work when the pressure is on, you would be an excellent candidate for us to consider.
The Recreation Manager works collaboratively as a member of the City’s Recreation Department team to ensure the City’s recreation services reflect best practice, align with the needs and interests of Port Coquitlam residents and contribute to the City’s strategic priorities. A key responsibility will be to engage with community members, user groups and staff to ensure our recreation programs, services and facilities meet the needs of our community. In addition, the Recreation Manager leads a team of talented recreation professionals in the delivery of a wide array of programs and services. The specific portfolio will be adjusted to best suit the new Recreation Manager’s strengths and may include the delivery of sport/fitness, aquatics and childrens recreation programs and engagement with outdoor sport user groups and staff to ensure our services and facilities meet the needs of our community.
Our ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in Recreation Management, Facility Management, Public Administration or a related field
- A minimum of 7+ years recent related experience in recreation management with an innovative approach to dynamic recreation programming and service delivery, ideally in a unionized environment
- You are passionate about the community benefits of recreation services
- You have exceptional relationship-building skills and an ability to quickly establish credibility, trust and presence with key community stakeholders and staff
- You have a passion for growing, developing and empowering staff
- You have a collaborative and inclusive leadership style yet can be decisive and firm when required
- You are driven to continually improve the customer experience, successfully engage community members and expect all staff to do the same
- You have an ability to quickly assess and confirm complex situations through effective listening, consultation, data analysis and critical thinking skills
- You have strong strategic planning and analytical skills and a track record of implementing best practices and workplace improvements in your area of expertise
- You are a skilled technical writer who is able to deliver clear, concise reader focused reports
- You lead with integrity, “walk the talk” and expect the same of others
- A positive and energetic “can do” approach to the work
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves and have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package and competitive annual salary ($114,577 to $134,796) and embrace a holistic approach to work and life outside of work
Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their resumes, along with a one-page letter demonstrating how their qualifications and experience match the position by July 23, 2023 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition 23-094e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.