New Job Word Data Processing Clerk Ii - Intelligence And Investigative Support Clerk In Alberta
|Word Data Processing Clerk II - Intelligence and Investigative Support Clerk
Word Data Processing Clerk II - Intelligence and Investigative Support Clerk
Company : City of Edmonton
Salary : $46,690–$57,973 a year
Location : Alberta
**This posting is for one (1) full-time temporary position ending on or before April 30, 2024**The Identification and Selection Unit of the Edmonton Police Service has an opportunity for a highly organized and competent individual to provide assistance with the collection, review, approval, and dissemination of intelligence related products and reports, along with managing and maintaining databases in support of the Diversion and Desistance Branch within the EPS.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Collect, review, evaluate, and collate intelligence and police reports.
- Collect, collate, interpret, draft, and distribute documents including target sheets, bulletins, briefing notes, and scheduled workload reports.
- Manage intelligence database(s) by reviewing, assessing, and analyzing information prior to uploading the information from internal and external sources.
- Apply the intelligence cycle to information received while following the appropriate information classifications.
- Electronically disseminating completed intelligence products by various members and compile it in a digestible formation for dissemination to identified stakeholders.
- Assisting the Teams to aid them in the creation and maintenance of the investigative products and the preservation and organization of that information.
- Create and maintain offender show cause/bail packages and CRIIs.
- Convert various types of documents and reports into electronic formations enabling them to be captured into identified databases. These include but are not limited to both internal and external intelligence bulletins and reports, surveillance reports and photographs.
- Manage, track and input offender EPROS ”flags”
- Respond to requests for information from internal and external stakeholders within identified timelines while following set business rules in place.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Completion of the twelfth (12th) school grade including business subjects with emphasis on subjects related to the area of specialization or completion of an appropriate certificate program from an approved business school/college.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a progressively specialized area
- Displays objective decision-making skills with critical analysis and evaluation skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of COGNOS, EPROS, CPIC, JOIN, ORCA, VISTAS, POSSE and other related databases.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to enter data with a high degree of accuracy and speed.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision, as part of a team.
- Formal certification or post-secondary studies in Criminal Intelligence Analysis considered an asset.
- Knowledge of iBase and Analyst Notebook operations considered an asset
- As part of your pre-hire screening you will be required to complete an Enhanced Security Clearance. Should you accept employment with the Edmonton Police Service you acknowledge and agree to participate in future Enhanced Security Re-Clearances at scheduled intervals or in any other circumstances, exigent or otherwise, as required by Human Resources Division.
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
21B, Salary Grade: 007, $22.36 - $27.76 (Hourly), $1,788.90 - $2,221.20 (Bi-Weekly), $46,689.77 - $57,973.32 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office.
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the Provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.
HR Consultant: CS