New Job Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator In Ontario
|Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator
Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : From $29.42 an hour
Location : Ontario
The City of Cornwall is a progressive community of 47,000, situated on the banks of the St. Lawrence River in Eastern Ontario. Rich in history and natural beauty, Cornwall offers historic sites, popular campsites, beaches and world-class amenities as well as small town charm and hospitality. Cornwall is Ontario’s easternmost city, just over 400 kilometres east of Toronto, 100 kilometres southeast of Ottawa and 120 kilometres southwest of Montreal. Cornwall boasts a modern economy led by forward thinkers who have made the city an excellent place for a career and raising a family. For more information, visit www.cornwall.ca
The Corporation of the City of Cornwall requires an Operator for the Waste Water Treatment Plant. The Operator is responsible for the Operation of the W.W.T.P. according to the Environment Certificate of Approval, Regulations and Guidelines and maintain appropriate Operating Licensing for this purpose.
The Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator is responsible in ensuring the proper execution of the following:
- Complete wastewater influent, process and effluent sampling, testing and monitoring as prescribed in legislation and Certificate of Approval requirements, and coordinate testing with accredited laboratories where required
- Routine Inspection
- Provide assistance to the Maintenance Technician with various projects
- Janitorial duties
- Conduct routine sampling requirement of the city’s landfills
- Maintain own training records, including all required records for operator Licensing renewals
- Receive and address or refer customer inquiries and complaints as related to WWTP operations
- Work in conformance with all City policies and in compliance with all relevant legislation
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Possess a minimum of Grade 12 Education and a Class 1 (or higher) Wastewater Treatment Operators Certification (with a goal of obtaining a class 4 licence)
- Minimum of 1 year recent operating experience in a Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Excellent knowledge of Wastewater Treatment Plant operations including chemistry, biology, hydraulics, math, record keeping, laboratory analysis and preventative maintenance
- Demonstrated computer skills including SCADA applications
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and abilities
- Must be available for designated shifts (7-Day Rotating Schedule) and for on-call basis 24 hours per day
- Must be able to perform janitorial duties at facility
- Must possess and maintain a valid First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate
- Must successfully complete annual WHMIS testing
- Must possess and maintain a valid unrestricted Class G Drivers License
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
The City of Cornwall offers a sector competitive wage starting at $29.42 per hour, 40 hours per week plus a comprehensive benefits package.
The deadline for submissions is May 24, 2023.
To apply, fill out the application form online and attach your cover letter, resume and proof of qualifications quoting File: 23-97 WWTP Operator
The Corporation of The City of Cornwall strives to promote and demonstrate the values of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the community we serve and encourage qualified candidates of all backgrounds and abilities to apply. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.