New Job Virtual Senior Financial Advisor, Virtual Advice In Nova Scotia
|Virtual Senior Financial Advisor, Virtual Advice
Virtual Senior Financial Advisor, Virtual Advice
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Requisition ID: 178367
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Virtual Senior Financial Advisor - located in Halifax, in office position. Shift 10-6 or 2-10, optional 4 day work week (10am-8pm)
About the role
What your role will be…
Virtual Senior Financial Advisor (consideration will be given to existing Senior Financial Advisors and Financial Advisors)
Responsible for remotely servicing a book of mid-to-high affluent customers with full scope of solutions. Leading with a financial planning approach you will identify opportunities and recommend strategies that best meet the customers’ immediate and future financial needs. Your defined goals will include Customer Advice Results targets driven by comprehensive investment and borrowing advice and activity-based metrics, along with non-financial objectives related to teamwork, customer service, operational and compliance requirements, and personal development.
Primary focus is on the effective management of an assigned portfolio of customers using the necessary knowledge and technology to remotely meet customers transactional needs, i.e. digital and self-serve channels. Virtual Advisor will support multiple branches across Canada
What you’ll be doing…
- Primary focus is on the effective management of an assigned portfolio of customers using the necessary knowledge and technology to remotely meet customers transactional needs, i.e. digital and self-serve channels. Virtual Advisor will support multiple branches across Canada.
- Provide a full range of customized financial solutions using a financial planning approach focused on remotely building and maintaining long term relationships primarily with a portfolio of assigned customers with a focus on complex solutions and comprehensive financial planning (eg mortgages with more complexity (duplex, ports, investment properties rental properties) and providing insight on various types of investment vehicles across various FI’s), by:
- Creating financial plans, leveraging relevant financial planning tool modules and select advice-based tools and resources.
- Anticipating life events to effectively deliver relevant advice and solutions.
- Focusing on the targeted customer segment while supporting all other segments as required.
- Primarily focus on remotely deepening and retaining relationships with mid-to-high affluent customers with full range of investment and lending solutions and advice; deepen and maximize relationships and grow business by:
- Understanding customer’s financial goals and preferences, analyzing their needs and recommending the appropriate strategies and solutions to help them achieve their goals.
- Using Advice Tools to formulate and demonstrate the benefit of advice provided and support the solutions recommended with emphasis on meeting the customers long and short-term investment needs.
- Planning and executing an annual marketing plan with weekly measurable targets including a prescribed # of customer contacts and financial plans/reviews completed each year.
- Identifying referral opportunities in response to changes in needs/preferences and where necessary, referring to the Financial Advisor Investment and Retirement Specialist or the appropriate Global Wealth partners.
- Proactively identifying underlying customer needs to maximize customer relationships by:
- Networking with industry specialists to remain knowledgeable and current in marketplace trends and legislation.
- Conducting outbound marketing activities to existing customers.
- Preparing/delivering presentations and seminars to existing customers and Centres of Influence for business development purposes.
- Asking for referrals from satisfied customers to grow the business.
- Contribute to our defined Customer Experience Model (CEM), providing an excellent customer experience by:
- Consistently delivering on our service and advice promise during all customer and employee interactions.
- Delivering on the diverse advice expectations of our customers.
- Working in close partnership with Branch Managers at their assigned branches in order to provide a high level of service and jointly manage retail customers when required (for example: supporting the acquisition of new customers on-boarded at the branch.)
Minimize the Bank’s exposure to risk by:
- Contributing to operational excellence and a satisfactory Branch audit
- Staying current on retail lending compliance, regulatory compliance, and custody requirements and changes
- Adhering to all retail lending compliance, regulatory compliance and custody requirements and changes and guidance on Occupational Health & Safety
- Ensuring strict adherence to Bank security procedures, including retail lending policies and processes, assigned authorities and limits
- Escalating fraudulent activities, unusual occurrences, issues/deficiencies/trends to your direct supervisor and/or Branch Manager and/or AML and/or Branch Compliance Officer or Alternate (BCO/ABCO) and/or Chief Compliance Officers and/or applicable Shared Services Department as appropriate
- Adhering to custody and security procedures at all times
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Adhering to compliance with regulatory activities and guidelines as part of the sales process, including Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering(AML)/Anti-Terrorist Financing, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada(FCAC), Know Your Customer(KYC), Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation(CDIC), Mutual Fund Dealer Association (MFDA) rules, regulations and policies, as well as Scotia Securities Inc. (SSI) guidelines/processes and Guidelines for Business Conduct
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Senior FA: Mutual Fund License, RFRA1, RFRA2, working toward or having CIFP (or Bank recognized equivalents)
The Retail Virtual Advice team will operate under extended hours when branches in varying time zones are assigned or on-boarded to this channel
Work in a standard office-based environment. The Retail Virtual Advice team will operate under extended hours when branches in varying time zones are assigned or on-boarded to this channel
Location(s): Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.