New Job Valuation Officer In Manitoba
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general supervision of an Area Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for collecting, recording, verifying, discussing, and analyzing property and business data, following departmental operating procedures and processes. The Valuation Officer completes property valuations for assigned properties. Additionally, the Valuation Officer prepares and presents evidence at appeal tribunals.
As the Valuation Officer, you will:
- Gather assessment related data and enter into computer system for assigned property, using various measuring and recording techniques.
- Verify, review, and analyze qualitative and quantitative data for valuation purposes.
- Prepare and present evidence at appeal tribunals.
- Provide customer service.
- Mentor/coach junior personnel.
- Perform general office work in connection with realty and business assessment roll production
Your education and qualifications include:
- Technical College Diploma or University Degree in a related field (Urban Studies, Economics, Commerce, Architecture, Construction, Civil Engineering, Business Administration) or equivalent training and experience.
- A Certificate in Real Property Assessment (CRPA) or a Post-Graduate Certificate in Real Property Valuation (PGCV).
- A related designation with the Association of Assessing Officers of Manitoba, Appraisal Institute of Canada, International Association of Assessing Officers, or any assessment organization in Canada is an asset.
- Must have three (3) years of prior related work experience.
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous experience with coaching/mentoring considered an asset.
- Previous experience in building trades, property management, valuation, real estate preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs at a basic level (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism while dealing with stressful and confrontational situations.
- Demonstrated ability to present in front of an audience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with staff, clients, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of the appraisal process and valuation approaches.
- Knowledge of factors influencing the market value of land and buildings.
- Knowledge of general legislation and policies governing assessment procedures.
- Knowledge of building construction and materials, and ability to read and interpret blue prints and specifications.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and set and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy, multi-task, and utilize effective time management skills.
- Strong written communication skills for communicating simple to complex information to all levels of audiences.
- Strong verbal communication skills for effectively conveying information to clients and other stakeholders.
- Ability to manage conflict and utilize appropriate conflict management skills.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Actively enrolled and participating in the completion of the Diploma in Urban Land Economics.
- Possess and maintain a valid Manitoba class 5 Driver’s License.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidate(s), at their expense. To obtain Police Information Check information please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
- The successful applicant must be in compliance with the Administrative Standard AS017 COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented