New Job Utility 3 - Insect Control Branch In Manitoba
|Utility 3 - Insect Control Branch|
Utility 3 - Insect Control Branch
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under direct supervision of the Foreman, the Utility 3 performs a variety of duties that includes routine manual work of a semi-skilled nature requiring a mechanical aptitude for the operation and routine maintenance of vehicles, power tools and non-complex equipment.
As the Utility 3 you will:
- Operate vehicles and equipment required for performance of duties e.g. power back packs and ¾ ton trucks.
- Be responsible for assigned vehicle and equipment signed out under their general care.
- Assist with maintenance and make minor repairs to vehicles and equipment.
- Perform construction and maintenance operations using manual and power tools.
- Complete reports and records as required in written or electronic format.
- Be responsible for safe use and care of tools/equipment used.
- Follow established safe work practices, operating policies and procedures.
- Perform tasks of an emergency nature.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the classification as required.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 10 education or equivalent.
- Have successfully completed or be willing to obtain the following courses:
- First Aid Certificate
- Temporary Traffic Control
- Ability to take and successfully complete additional courses and training as required by the Department, including but not limited to the following examples:
- Operator Training (job related powered mobile ride on equipment and powered hand held)
- ATV Training and Practical
- Trailer Backing Course and Practical
- Lead Hand/Crew Leader Training
- Ability in the safe operation and maintenance of equipment, hand tools and power tools consistent with the classification.
- Ability to understand, execute and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish work priorities and schedules.
- Ability to organize, lead and mentor staff.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the junior classifications.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precaution policies and regulations.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence with the ability to upgrade to a Class 3 as required.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a valid Notice of Driver’s Licence in Force letter.
- In accordance with Legislative or the Department’s requirements positions require possession of valid licences, certification, or completion of courses as appropriate before appointment:
- Valid Manitoba Pesticide Applicators Licence (Core, Mosquito and Landscape/Golf Course).
- Must be physically capable of performing duties of the position including: lifting and moving objects at least 50lbs in weight; working at various heights; working outdoors in potentially extreme weather conditions; ability to stand and walk for extended periods and over uneven terrain including snow, ice and riverbanks, and the ability to work overhead and at heights for extended periods.
- Must be able to work various shifts, evenings, weekends, and extended hours, including overtime and standby, at various locations as needed.
- Must participate in cholinesterase monitoring program which includes regular blood tests to ensure that cholinesterase levels are within safe limits, as required.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented