New Job Transit Bus Operator In Manitoba
|Transit Bus Operator|
Transit Bus Operator
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : From $21.65 an hour
Location : Manitoba
The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Posting No: 123401
Under the general supervision of an Operations Supervisor, the Bus Operator is responsible for ensuring that safe, courteous and on-time Transit service is provided to passengers. This includes: adherence to all applicable laws and Winnipeg Transit policy; interacting in a friendly and helpful manner with passengers and the public; adhering to assigned routes and schedule; managing and diffusing instances of conflict; monitoring fare payment; adherence to assault avoidance techniques; and maintaining a valid driver’s license.
The position is also attentive to any concerns that may affect community safety.
For more detailed information about the position of a Bus Operator, including the shifts and schedules please copy and paste the following link into your internet browser: https://winnipegtransit.com/en/careers/bus-operator/
As the Bus Operator you will:
- Operate Transit Buses in a safe manner
- Provide, courteous, professional transit service to the citizens of Winnipeg, in keeping with Transit and City policy and is responsible for the on-board safety of passengers
- Inform passengers of the fare when applicable and monitor fare payment.
- Report and correspond with supervisory personnel, as required as per Transit policy.
- Participate in professional training and development.
Your education and qualifications include:
1. Grade 10 or equivalent combination of training and experience
2. Minimum of two (2) years’ driving experience satisfactory to the employer.
3. Customer service experience including in-person contact with the public.
4. Experience with conflict management in a work setting.
5. Driving experience in adverse weather conditions (Ex. Snow and ice) is an asset.
6. Knowledge of City of Winnipeg landmarks, streets and bus route knowledge.
7. Strong map reading skills.
8. Well-developed verbal communication skills.
9. Written communication skills including the ability to understand and follow Transit policies and procedures.
10. Ability to operate vehicles safely, while driving defensively and within standard safety guidelines, regulations and requirements of the Manitoba Highway Traffic Act.
11. Ability to multi-task.
12. Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
13. Ability to make quick decisions and exercise sound judgement in a variety of traffic related.
14. Ability to work independently.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must possess and maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada.
- A Police Information Check including vulnerable sector check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidate(s), at their expense when requested.
- Must hold and maintain a full valid Manitoba Class 5 (5F) driver's license with a minimum Driver's Safety Rating of -4 or higher.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class 2 driver’s license with Airbrake Endorsement Beginners (2A/I).
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, including, but not limited to: Sitting for extended periods of time, reaching, twisting at the waist and neck, grip and leg strength.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and split shifts.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
How To Apply
APPLY ONLINE, including all documentation listed below:
1. Current resume (Required)
2. Driver’s Safety Rating Movement History (Required)
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Original Driver’s Abstract – issued by MPI
*Your application documents must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications of the position.*
If you do NOT have access to a computer/email, please apply, including all documentation listed above, to: Winnipeg Transit, Administrative Building, 421 Osborne Street, Winnipeg, MB
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/. For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ'sor contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Modelas part of the recruitment process.
The salary range for this position is $17.30 hourly (6 week training rate) Following successful completion of training is $21.63-$30.32 hourly.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
We value diversity in our workplace. Indigenous peoples, women, racialized peoples, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ peoples and Newcomers are encouraged to self-declare.
Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $21.65 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: On the road