New Job Trades Worker - Plumber In Prince Edward Island
|Trades Worker - Plumber|
Trades Worker - Plumber
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $27.74–$31.50 an hour
Location : Prince Edward Island
Plumber opportunity with The Government of Prince Edward Island!
- $27 - $31 an hour
- Unionized Permanent
- Pension and Benefits
- Training and Development Funds
- and much more!
The PEI Department of Social Development and Seniors aims to encourage the development of an innovative, diverse and inclusive workforce which enables the organization to realize its diversity and inclusion goals as outlined in the Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2022 – 2025.
The purpose of this position is to properly maintain plumbing and mechanical equipment and systems, structure, grounds, and cosmetics that are located in various buildings operated by Housing Services.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Assess requests for plumbing or mechanical repairs/renovations and determine the appropriate method of resolving the request and completing the required work in accordance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Interpret blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials.
- Install pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, steam, air, or other liquids.
- Assemble fittings and valves for installation.
- Modify length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed.
- Install heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters.
- Collaborate with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing.
- Investigate problems with plumbing systems and carry out necessary repairs or replacement of worn or defective parts, in accordance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Complete inspections/checks of various building systems: including boilers, sump pumps, water softeners, etc.
- Analyze problems and identify appropriate tools and materials for repair.
- Write reports documenting the problem and summary of actions taken.
- Maintain accurate records of materials and supplies used to carry out work and ensure that the same are reported on the work order.
- Review invoices and work orders to approve or recommend for approval within signing authority guidelines.
- Receive, investigate and resolve issues reported by the tenants I the most appropriate, efficient manner minimizing inconvenience to tenants as much as possible; respond to all tenants’ concerns in a respectful, timely manner.
- Assist other Housing Services staff in their duties as required including general maintenance duties when completing tenant requests for maintenance.
- Other duties as required in the course of building repairs and maintenance
- Successful completion of the Grade 12.
- Certificate of Trade Qualifications as issued by PEI Government supplemented by Red Seal Endorsement.
- Good working knowledge and experience with the National Building Code.
- Considerable experience related to maintenance of mechanical or electrical components and systems.
- Experience working in multi-building complex environment.
- Have ability to calculate quantity of materials and be able to read, interpret and understand construction plans and specifications.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision, work with tenants, and be medically and physically fit to perform all duties of the position.
- Have WHMIS, CPR, and First Aid
- A valid PEI driver’s license.
- Good previous work and attendance record and acceptable Criminal Record check and Vulnerable Sector check.
Please Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $27.74-$31.50 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottetown, PE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- plumbing: 1 year (required)
- Certificate of Trade Qualifications (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-07