New Job Systems Engineer Or Specialist (Communication Systems) In Quebec
|Systems engineer or Specialist (communication systems)|
Systems engineer or Specialist (communication systems)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Rheinmetall Canada is currently looking for a system engineer or specialist specialized in communication systems who will participate, under the supervision of the project manager, in the development and integration of systems and subsystems on telecommunication and air defense programs.
- Develop the systems architecture and identify the hardware and software components.
- Perform make-or-buy analyses of components.
- Manage systems and subsystems requirements and draft their specifications.
- Write statements of work.
- Follow up with suppliers on technical matters.
- Act as technical authority with customers.
- Assist in the integration and validation of subsystems.
- Act as technical leader.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Hold a university degree in engineering.
- Have between 5 and 7 years of pertinent experience.
- Possess general knowledge of hardware and software development.
- Possess good knowledge of communications network.
- Possess general knowledge of satellite communication systems.
- Be familiar with the life cycle of projects.
- Have the capacity and expertise required to draft technical documents in French and in English (system and interface specifications, procedures, etc.).
- Be comfortable in making presentations in front of a variety of audiences.
- Foster teamwork and be able to interact with the other project team specialists.
- Be fluent in French and in English (written and spoken)*.
- Be able and available to travel occasionally.
- Have experience in the military or aerospace industry.
- Possess knowledge of the standard ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288 or equivalent.
- Have experience in the Air-defense domain.
- Be familiar with DOORS.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Rheinmetall Canada, we foster teamwork, leadership, and surpassing oneself, creating an environment that brings out the best in our employees and enables them to realize their potential. A flexible work schedule including teleworking, a comprehensive medical plan for you and your family, as well as private medical services on site, competitive benefits, a subsidized cafeteria, a fitness and entertainment room, and free parking – it’s all part of the package**, all in a green setting.
We thank all participants for the interest. However, we will only communicate with the selected candidates. Rheinmetall Canada subscribes to Employment Equity.
*Most of Rheinmetall Canada's customers and partners are from outside Quebec, as is its subsidiary Rheinmetall Provectus, which is based in Ontario
** Certain conditions vary depending on the job status.