New Job Support Analyst In British Columbia
Company : City of New Westminster
Salary : $66,493–$78,418 a year
Location : British Columbia
New Westminster, British Columbia
Number of Openings: 1
Hours per Week: 35 hours per week.
Employee Group: CUPE, Local 387
Location: City Hall: 511 Royal Ave
Competition #: 209
The City of New Westminster is looking for an IT solution-focused individual with strong customer service skills to join our dynamic team of professionals. As a Support Analyst in our Help Desk team, you will provide first and second level technical support to City employees in need of IT and telecommunications assistance. You will help answer support calls to the Helpdesk, create tickets, triage requests to tier 3 teams, perform systems maintenance and work on assigned IT projects.
You will investigate and resolve software, hardware, and routine network and communications problems; perform a variety of systems administration tasks; assist in evaluating the software and hardware installation and configuration; develop and deliver IT training and orientation to users; support audio visual services at Council meetings; and establish and maintain excellent relationships with internal contacts.
- You have a minimum two-year diploma program in computer technology at an institute of technology or community college including courses related to network and communication systems technology, plus at least three years related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- You have hands-on experience with MECM (formally SCCM) and are able to build, update and distribute software applications to endpoints; manage software update deployments to endpoints; and build, maintain, and deploy operating system images to endpoints.
- You have experience supporting virtual meeting platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom and can troubleshoot issues with video conferencing equipment.
- You are adept at problem solving, figuring out how things work, and recommending solutions or improvements. You value being able to exceed expectations.
- You are highly proficient in supporting end user computing hardware and related peripherals, and can install and configure computer software and hardware with ease.
- You have a passion for people and are skilled at building positive working relationships at all levels in an organization.
- You are a team player and work well with others.
- You believe in providing excellent customer care at all times.
- You are a strong communicator that can present technical information to a variety of audiences using a variety of mediums.
- You are well versed with technology and can support new systems quickly.
- You are a continuous and lifelong learner.
- You exercise a high degree of initiative, independent judgement, and action.
- You can lift up to 20lbs.
- You can work overtime for Council meetings or for special projects, as required.
- CompTIA A+
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Associate
- ITIL Foundation Certification
To support a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community; women, Indigenous Peoples, racialized individuals, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversity of our workforce, are encouraged to express their interest.
New Westminster is on the unceded and unsurrendered land of the Halq'eméylem-speaking peoples. It is acknowledged by the City that colonialism has made invisible their histories and connections to the land.
We are learning and building relationships with the people whose lands we are on.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.