New Job Small Equipment Storeperson Driver In Alberta
|Small Equipment Storeperson Driver|
Small Equipment Storeperson Driver
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $24.96–$33.38 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Small Equipment Storeperson Driver, you will be responsible for transporting essential firefighter equipment to Calgary Fire Department’s firefighter personnel at fire halls located throughout the city. This includes pickup and delivery of equipment, supplies and other essential fire equipment items and emergency supplies. You will work collaboratively with Warehouse and Inventory team(s) and liaise with fire halls to ensure their equipment needs are met. Primary duties include:
- Fulfill orders, load and unload deliveries and plan efficient routes to make deliveries, daily.
- Pick-up and deliver firefighter equipment, internal mail, shop supplies and other items.
- Control inventory of equipment and follow up on missing, damaged or poorly serviced equipment by initiating returns/repairs.
- Coordinate with fire halls to ensure the equipment needs of emergency service operation are met.
- Follow procedures for control of equipment and inventory using a radio frequency (RF) scanner and inventory management system to process transactions and maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Create work orders and complete reports and spreadsheets related to the store operation and equipment testing.
- A completed High School Diploma or equivalent (e.g. GED).
- A valid Class 5 Driver's Licence (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerits, and no current suspensions or charges pending.
- The ability to obtain a forklift license is required.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), MS Teams, SharePoint and PeopleSoft FSCM.
- Experience driving medium duty trucks and vans and/or warehouse experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of purchasing and inventory control procedures, computerized inventory systems and a basic knowledge of various types of fire/rescue equipment will be considered and asset.
- Safety Training (Occupational Health and Safety, Safety Data Management systems, Workplace Hazardous Materials) will also be considered an asset.
- Good organizational, planning and communication skills.
- The ability to work independently with little direct supervision, sometimes in an environment with high levels of stress and pressure.
Occasional exposure to fumes from transporting gas equipment.
Some heavy lifting (over 35 kg/77 lb) is required.
Periodically working outdoors in all weather conditions, and in traffic delivering supplies.
Working with and around material handling equipment such as forklifts, and with dust and noise in the warehouse.
A security clearance will be conducted.
Must obtain a City of Calgary operator's permit.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Pre-employment Drug Test: An offer of employment for this position will be conditional on an applicant passing a pre-employment drug test. This test assesses for use of drugs including cannabis. Failure to pass a pre-employment drug test may prevent an applicant from being hired into any safety sensitive position for a period of up to twelve months.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Fleet & Inventory
Position Type: 1 Temporary (up to 12 months)
Location: 1755 18 Avenue NE
Compensation: Pay Grade 3 $24.96 - 33.38 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Non-standard 40 hour work week
Apply By: May 15, 2023
Job ID #: 307673