New Job Site Inspector Gta In Ontario
|Site Inspector GTA
Site Inspector GTA
Company : T.Y. Lin International Canada Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
TYLin is a full-service, professional engineering firm focused on the planning, design, and construction of infrastructure solutions for public and private clients worldwide. The firm is an internationally recognized pioneer in solving the most difficult engineering challenges. Headquartered in San Francisco, California for over 65 years, TYLin has more than 3,200 professionals throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
Job SummaryOur Vaughan office is seeking a Site Inspector in Land Development for residential, industrial and commercial projects. This position will report to the Construction Manager and will require a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Site Inspection roles. The successful candidate will benefit from a learning environment and will be supported and challenged to grow in the role, with the potential to take on responsibilities of a Contract Administrator over time. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with documenting construction processes and preparing payment certificates. Many of the days will be spent on site monitoring the various projects or working remotely.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- As a Site Inspector, your role will be to monitor and control progress of the work for private development projects at junior to intermediate level.
- Detailed daily report and record keeping.
- Report on and provide assistance to the resolution of construction activities.
- Attend site meetings, take meeting notes, and assist in the preparation of site meeting minute reports.
- Monitor Contract quantities and assist in the preparation of Change Directives and Change Orders as needed.
- Coordinate and liaise between Clients, Contractors, and other agencies.
- Management of responses to Contractor’s RFI’s and clarification requests.
- Evaluate contractor performance to ensure project deliverables and quality standards are achieved.
- Maintain regular communication with clients regarding project status, site issues and project quality and resolve issues as required.
- Follow all construction safety procedures and policies including the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to work extended hours as the project requires.
- All other duties as required.
- Working knowledge of local, and provincial building codes, construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards, and safety precautions.
- College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of solid experience in a Site Inspection role is required.
- MTO Class ‘G’ driver’s license in good standing and access to a personal vehicle.
- Strong record keeping and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of Canadian Contract Law including the Construction Lien Act.
- First Aid Training, Confined Space Entry, Working at Heights, OTM Book 7 etc., would be beneficial, however TYLIN will provide training as required.
- Strong MS office skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team of Site Inspectors, Contract Administrators, and Engineers in an open and sharing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written and presentation skills are required.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients’ toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
TYLin is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees . TYLin remains committed to complying with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements.
TYLin is committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at
TYLin is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The company and its employees are required to comply with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements.
TYLin is proud to offer exciting career development opportunities coupled with a comprehensive total rewards package. Our benefits include extensive health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage, continuing education benefits, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program and a retirement savings plan with company matching contributions. We encourage all candidates to explore our total rewards offering.