New Job Senior Land Claims Advisor In Saskatchewan
|Senior Land Claims Advisor|
Senior Land Claims Advisor
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $37.43–$46.91 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Government Relations is seeking a highly motivated results-oriented individual to take on the responsibilities of a Senior Land Claims Advisor within the Land Claims Unit of the Lands and Consultation Branch. Reporting to the Director and Executive Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Implementation of First Nation Land Claim Agreements.
- Facilitating reserve creation and resolving matters related to lands and resources for a designated portfolio of First Nations.
- Conducting inter-ministerial reviews of lands and minerals pursuant to the Treaty Land Entitlement Agreements.
- Analytical support for financial payments related to Tax Loss Compensation.
- Researching and analyzing information, developing policy, developing strategies, and participating in negotiating meetings for new Treaty Land Entitlement Agreements or other agreements (i.e., access agreements) that are required as a result of the implementation of Treaty Land Entitlement or Specific Claims Agreements.
- Maintaining (gather and confirm information e.g., the location of the lands, the municipality and constituency the land is located in, acreage amount of the land and the status and enter specific data) and developing improvements to the design of the Treaty Land Entitlement Framework Agreement Tracking System.
The Ideal candidate will have knowledge of:
- Federal, provincial, First Nation agreements, Treaties, and constitutional documents such as the Natural Resources Transfer Agreement and legislation.
- Provincial structures, processes, protocols, policies, and programs.
- Federal government processes, structures, policies, and programs relevant to First Nation people.
- First Nation government structures and processes.
- ArcGIS mapping.
- Financial analysis.
- Conducting independent research, analyzing information, and developing policies and strategies.
- Creating maps, queries, reports, and documents using various sources.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Access.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position would be acquired through a degree in project and or policy management with experience working with First Nations communities or a relevant discipline and/or related experience.