New Job Senior International Relations Officer In Saskatchewan
|Senior International Relations Officer|
Senior International Relations Officer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $7,755–$10,080 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Trade and Export Development (TED) is offering an exciting opportunity to help advance the Government of Saskatchewan’s engagement with international partners. As a key member of the International Relations Branch, you will join a growing team dedicated to advancing Saskatchewan’s international engagement priorities.
If you are skilled at creating successful strategies and building strong relationships, and are excited by the challenge of developing and executing the government’s international priorities, then the International Relations Branch wants to speak with you! This position is a one-year term position.
Our successful candidate will be expected to lead by example and demonstrate the value of ‘one team’ in their work. You must be proactive, organized, flexible and able to work effectively as a team and independently.
To excel in this role, our candidate will need to navigate new challenges, embrace a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and be ready to roll up their sleeves with a team of diverse, international professionals. The candidate will be outcome-oriented, a strong communicator, writer and presenter, and ambitious.
Reporting to the Director of International Relations, the Senior International Relations Officer will be responsible for:
- supporting the development of government’s engagement strategies and initiatives with other countries;
- conducting thorough research, detailed analysis and preparing briefing material to support the Premier, Minister and other government officials on missions to key markets;
- communicating the results of government’s international engagement to the public, industry stakeholders, executive management and ministry officials, and the elected;
- providing program advice and briefing support to the Protocol Office (or other ministries) on diplomatic visits/outreach; and
- assisting other ministries and agencies as they work to advance their priorities in international markets.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant university degree, preferably with a focus in international relations, international affairs, public policy or political science, as well as at least five years of professional and/or management experience in government (provincial or federal) or an international organization, and project management experience.
The values of the Saskatchewan public service are: respect and integrity, serving citizens, excellence and innovation, and working as one team. We support creativity, learning and career development opportunities.
We offer dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals, a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, and are committed to inclusion and workplace diversity.