New Job Senior Human Resource Consultant (Temporary ¿ Approximately One Year) In Manitoba
|Senior Human Resource Consultant (temporary ¿ approximately one year)|
Senior Human Resource Consultant (temporary ¿ approximately one year)
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the direction of the Manager of Corporate HR and Talent Acquisition Services the Senior HR Consultant will be responsible for supporting the HR Manager with various assignments related to strategic planning and initiatives; and providing Human Resources generalist support to their assigned portfolio. In addition, the Senior HR Consultant will provide daily supervision and guidance to the Corporate HR clerical support team.
As the Senior Human Resource Consultant, you will
- Support the HR Manager with strategic planning, corporate programming and initiatives.
- Develop implement, maintain, and evaluate human resource systems, procedures and programs for Corporate assignments.
- Represents the HR team on Departmental or Corporate committees, projects and initiatives.
- Provide supervision, advice, guidance and mentorship to the HR clerical support team.
- Coach, mentor, and develop new HR staff and Consultants
- Provide HR generalist support to a portfolio of senior/corporate departments, including but not limited to:
- Labour and employee relations (investigations, performance management, progressive discipline, grievance process & handling, and respectful workplace complaints)
- Strategic HR Consulting
- Performance Management
- Attendance Management
- Recruitment and selection
- Return to work case management & duty to accommodate
- Compensation and classification (job analysis, job description development and job evaluation processes)
- Diversity, inclusion & employment equity
- Undertake special projects and assist with leading committees related to Human Resource operational functions.
Your education and qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social or Behavioral Sciences, Commerce, Public or Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience dealing with and providing HR generalist support to multiple client areas with various lines of business; preferably at the corporate/professional level.
- Experience managing and supervising staff including performance management activities, building capacity, promoting and assisting continuous learning and development.
- Experience working with senior level management providing human resource services in a diverse, unionized environment.
- Knowledge of, and ability to administer, complex Collective Agreements, Human Rights Legislation, HR and Labour Relations statutes and HR benefits and policies.
- Knowledge of Corporate HR programs and internal processes and systems.
- Experience delivering HR solutions through the design and application of processes and technology.
- Experience with defining and using the relevant and competitive HR metrics.
- Ability to consult, mediate, negotiate and work with a variety of teams/groups, i.e. Senior Management, Unions/Associations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent research, investigation, and sound / thorough analysis skills.
- IMPORTANT: Applicants who have been educated outside of Canada must have education which is comparable to the minimum qualification in Canada. Applicants submitting foreign credentials require an official academic assessment report issued by a recognized Canadian assessment service https://www.canalliance.org/en/ at application.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful candidate must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful candidate possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate(s), at their expense. To obtain Police Information Check information please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.