New Job Senior Financial Analyst - Corporate Planning In Ontario
|Senior Financial Analyst - Corporate Planning|
Senior Financial Analyst - Corporate Planning
Company : Porter Airlines Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) group at Porter Airlines is tasked with providing actionable business insight that will boost financial performance. The Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Planning (SFA) position will play a significant role in supporting and developing financial models for planning Porter’s long-term growth and strategic initiatives.
As a valued business partner, a high level of business acumen will be required as the SFA will engage directly with senior management on analysis and recommendations that will actively influence business decisions. The SFA will also work closely with the CFO as an active contributor on strategy and cost reduction initiatives. The SFA will also be required to work on modelling business scenarios and provide financial support on strategic projects. A strong background in data management will be key to success as there will be a strong push to integrate big data analytics into the financial modeling.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as a business partner to management and executives, jointly developing forecasting, reporting, analysis, and providing insight into a wide range of business and financial decisions.
- Supports development of information memorandums for capital raising.
- Provides financial modeling and recommendations to support the business units in making financially sound business decisions including on cost saving projects.
- Develops power point presentation for lenders, investors and other stakeholders.
- Creates and enhances the existing KPI reporting and analytical tools to increase efficiency and uncover more insight into business operations.
- Prepares the Company’s long-term financial forecast, financial models, and valuations.
- Develops and reviews Board and Committee presentations.
- Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy.
Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Deadline driven - Workloads tend to peak during the key deadlines of the annual budget, and forecast processes.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- An undergraduate degree along with a finance designation (CA,CFA) or MBA.
- 3+ years in finance with financial modelling (full financials statement) experience.
- Must be able to rapidly adapt to change and deliver under minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to leverage internal relationships and drive change.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Database (SQL), VBA, or other Programming knowledge is desirable.
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics (Great Plains), Prophix and Tableau an asset
- Private equity or airline experience is an asset
- Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination.