New Job Senior Cost Engineer In Saskatchewan
|Senior Cost Engineer|
Senior Cost Engineer
Company : Bantrel Management Services Co. (BMSC)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Construction Management (EPC / EPCM) services in Canada.
For 40 years we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, infrastructure and nuclear projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety and quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our primary Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto office locations and delivers construction management and self-perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
We operate independently but leverage the global expertise of and provide resources to our affiliate Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and remain Canadian focused including through our other shareholder, McCaig Investments, a respected local family group of businesses and deep community supporter. Our private ownership provides long-term business planning and strategic decision horizons supported by a strong financial position.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
Location: Leroy, SK, Jansen Site
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
Bantrel is currently looking for Senior Cost Engineer to join the team in the Jansen site.
Senior Cost Engineer is a key individual who ensures the project is built in a controlled manner at the lowest possible cost. They provide value added analysis, controls, and reporting that produce effective tools for managing project costs.
- Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 days off rotation.
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess claims for increased costs of material supply, fabrication, and field installation.
- Conduct analysis to detect early drivers of contract change and aim to resolve in a timely manner to avoid dispute escalation.
- Facilitate change management interface with contracts department and cost control group.
- Establish and coordinate the back charge program.
- Prepare and present project financial reports and project status reports.
- Ten to Fifteen 10 - 15 years experience in a Project Controls related field with increasing levels of responsibility. Demonstrates a willingness and aptitude to learn more about Cost Control and overall Project Controls.
- Experience performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, or skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports.
- Familiar with engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and Startup work processes and management. Knowledge level is dependent on area of cost control specialization.
- Familiar with the concept of Project Codes of Accounts (COA)
- Knowledge of cost/financial reporting systems and analysis (e.g., forecasting, change management, metrics, Quantity Unit Rate Reporting)
- Strong knowledge in project controls software such as EcoSys, Primavera P6, SAP, and Oracle (or Oracle JDE)
- Knowledge in capital cost estimating and services estimating.
- Familiar with cash flow development and assessment
- Knowledge of cost control interfaces with project planning and scheduling
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Works well in a team environment
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.