New Job Senior Clerical Assistant In British Columbia
|Senior Clerical Assistant|
Senior Clerical Assistant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $42,899–$48,602 a year
Location : British Columbia
SENIOR CLERICAL ASSISTANT
Job ID: 4803
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
SENIOR CLERICAL ASSISTANT :
($42,899.13 - $48,602.25 annually)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Administration, the Senior Clerical Assistant provides administrative support to ensure the effective and efficient operations of day-to-day service delivery in Applicant Services, supporting a range of programs. He/she/they receives and resolves service desk tickets identifying system errors and takes steps to correct errors related to digital document management to prevent privacy breaches. The incumbent assists the Supervisor in providing day to day technical and administrative support to the team, ensuring new changes to processes are successfully implemented and assists in training team members as needed.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary school graduation plus completion of a comprehensive and relevant post-secondary course in office or business administration from a recognized educational institution.
- Sound administrative experience in a general office or customer service environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound practical knowledge of the rules, practices and procedures of office and program administration.
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures, filing and record-keeping systems.
- Some knowledge of affordable housing programs and housing clientele.
- Sound knowledge of forms and stationary inventory control.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and initiative.
- Advanced proficiency with computer applications including scanning and indexing software, custom databases and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Good verbal and written communications skills, with solid command of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with good conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding and dynamic environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public, demonstrating patience and tolerance
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of staff and customers, including individuals of diverse education and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently, and to contribute and co-operate in a team environment.
- Ability to plan, organize work, meet deadlines, and adapt to competing and critical priorities without compromising the quality of work.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to maintain quality standards.
- Ability and interest in taking initiative, being flexible, adapting to change and contributing to a team environment.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly and effectively to an incident and/or crisis.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 18 kg.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected].
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.