New Job Secretary I- Operations In British Columbia
|Secretary I- Operations|
Secretary I- Operations
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $30.44 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Secretary I- Operations
Competition #: 99-COV-23
Closing Date: Internal applicants – May 23, 2023
External applicants – May 30, 2023
Rate of Pay: $30.44 per hour (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Band: 4 – Schedule B (as per CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement)
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday / 40-hours per week
Reporting to the Manager, Operations Administration, this position performs routine secretarial, clerical, and reception work under limited supervision.
- Acts as receptionist, answering telephone and counter inquiries and providing information of a routine nature or redirects inquiries, as appropriate.
- Performs a variety of standard clerical and filing work including maintaining division files (hard copy and electronic), distributing internal mail, photocopying and binding reports as required.
- Assists in preparing routine correspondence.
- Operates standard office equipment, such as computer, copying equipment, postage machine, switchboard and/or two-way radio.
- Ensures an adequate supply of office materials is held in stock at the Operations Yard.
- Updates database records related to task completion and scanning/attaching documents that have been prepared.
- Processes recoverable work orders as required by Operations’ Managers and Supervisors.
- Maintains and tracks clothing and boot allowance.
- Assists with processing of invoices.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- All persons employed by the City of Vernon will be required to assist the City in providing emergency services. Duties assigned during an emergency may differ from regular duties.
Required Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of an office administration or secretarial certificate program.
- A minimum of 6 months related office experience.
- A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with professionalism with members of the public and staff both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service by dealing courteously and tactfully with other City employees, contractors and the general public.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Competency in computer operations using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to perform routine clerical and typing tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, punctuation and grammar.
- Working knowledge of office procedures, functional terminology and departmental regulations.
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 correct words per minute.
- Familiarity with geographic areas of the City of Vernon and surrounding area.
- Ability to search for information and compile data for files and other sources.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, adapt to changing situations, use discretion and work with constant interruptions.
Please submit your resume, quoting the appropriate competition number to: Human Resources, City of Vernon, using one of the following methods:
- Online at www.vernon.ca (In MS Word or PDF Format) or
- By Fax: (250) 550-3551
- Internal applicants are asked to complete the Internal Application Form located on Jostle and forward this along with a resume.
- This position may be considered as a Development Opportunity, pursuant to Article 9.03 of the CUPE, Local 626, Vernon Civic Employees Collective Agreement.
By making application, you are authorizing the City of Vernon to verify, through whatever means deemed appropriate, any information included in your applicant profile.
The City of Vernon wishes to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : 1 to less than 7 months