New Job Revenue Accounting Clerk In Newfoundland And Labrador
|Revenue Accounting Clerk|
Revenue Accounting Clerk
Company : St. John's International Airport Authority
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Revenue Accounting Clerk
Established in 1998, St. John's International Airport Authority (SJIAA) is a private, not-for-profit corporation that exists to provide a safe and efficient transportation facility that is a catalyst for economic growth at Newfoundland and Labrador's premier gateway. Approximately 70 per cent of all non-resident visitors who travel by air to and from the province do so through the St. John's International Airport.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounting, this position is responsible for performing all duties related to the sales invoicing, revenue accounting and revenue assurance functions.
- Prepares all monthly sales invoices including aeronautical fees, lease invoices and parking invoices using Aileron and Accpac software applications.
- Maintains lease database in Aileron, including payment requirements and lease details/modifications.
- Maintains aeronautical database in Aileron, including aircraft and customer details, and aeronautical fees.
- As part of the month end process, prepares:
- Revenue accruals
- Various accounting reconciliations
- Revenue variance analysis report
- Compiles and reports passenger statistics monthly.
- Assists with the revenue budget.
- Creates working papers for the external audit.
- Assists with other accounting functions including Reception duties as required.
The ideal candidate will bring the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of high school.
- Successful completion of a three-year diploma program in Accounting from a recognized educational institution.
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible accounting experience in a computerized environment.
- Some knowledge of Sage ERP/Accpac accounting software is preferred.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel (proficiency testing may be required).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- An equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered
SJIAA is an equal opportunity employer. Proof of education/certifications must be provided prior to appointment to the position. The successful applicant will be required to provide a satisfactory certificate of conduct, and be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card. Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Apply to: [email protected]
Closing Date: June 9, 2023