New Job Residence Life Coordinator In Alberta
|Residence Life Coordinator|
Residence Life Coordinator
Company : Mount Royal University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University grew into a vibrant college in the 1930s and became a mid-sized university in 2009. Mount Royal has carved out a distinct niche by offering smaller class sizes, a robust liberal education and unique undergraduate programs. Currently, more than 15,000 credit students choose from 13 bachelor degrees and 38 majors.
Mount Royal University is located in the traditional territories of the Niitsitapi (Blackfoot) and the people of the Treaty 7 region in southern Alberta, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, the Kainai, the Tsuut'ina and the Iyarhe Nakoda. We are situated on land where the Bow River meets the Elbow River. The traditional Blackfoot name of this place is "Mohkinstsis," which we now call the city of Calgary. The city of Calgary is also home to the Métis Nation.
Mount Royal University is committed to removing barriers and fostering the inclusion of voices that have been historically underrepresented or discouraged in our society. In support of our belief that diversity in our faculty and staff enriches the work, learning and research experiences for the entire campus community, we strongly encourage members of the designated groups (women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and diverse sexual orientation and gender identities) to apply and self-identify.
About Residence Services
Mount Royal University’s Residence Services is committed to providing a safe, secure and supportive living learning community. We strive to be inclusive, responsive and respectful of the individual. The environment is designed to enhance and develop both the personal growth and academic success of the student and their role as a responsible community member.
About the Role
Residence Services is committed to providing a safe, secure and supportive living learning community. We strive to be inclusive, responsive and respectful of the individual. The environment is designed to enhance and develop both the personal growth and academic success of the student, and their role as a responsible community member.
The Residence Life Coordinator will be a full time live-in professional who plays a pivotal role in the Residence Life Program. The incumbent will supervise the day-to-day operations of an assigned residence community, while fostering a positive environment for student transitions. The Residence Life Coordinator will be responsible for the overall organization and implementation of the Residence Life Program.
This is a full-time limited term position working for 35 hours per week.
Note: This is a mandatory live-in position. Residence Services will assign a private suite within the residence complex. The incumbent must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- Direct student and community development based on the values and mission statement of Residence Services
- Foster a living-learning environment whereby student academic success is a key focus
- Recruit, train, and supervise para-professional staff
- Advise all student leadership programs including the Residence Activities Council
- Liaise with academic and service departments within the University to support student, para-professional staff, and community needs
- Oversee all programming initiatives, including para-professional staff and student leadership events and activities
- Be actively visible in the assigned student community and provide individual support and guidance for student issues and concerns
- Manage the residence student judicial process
- Participate in a 24x7 shared on-call support system
- Provide emergency crisis response
- Undergraduate degree required along with a minimum of 2 years progressive experience in residence life or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience (particularly in a residence setting)
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and program presentation
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point
What We Offer
Talented and committed employees are the driving force behind student success. We strive to be an employer of choice among Canadian post-secondary institutions.
At Mount Royal University, we recognize that people are a combination of many intersecting identities; we work to cultivate an environment that welcomes the whole person, and harnesses the strength that is available in our diversity, creating a rich and inclusive workplace.
Investing in the learning and development of our employees benefits the individual and the University. A variety of services, resources and programs encourage a healthy, productive workplace. Mount Royal University offers a competitive total compensation package including health and dental benefits, pension, health and personal spending accounts, paid vacation, winter holiday closure, personal days and a free membership in our fully equipped recreation centre.
Our campus offers the convenience of a full medical clinic, dentist and pharmacy, as well as a variety of wellness services such as physiotherapists and massage therapists. Campus Recreation offers many activities, including personal training, climbing, aquatics, sports and certifications for students, employees and the public.
MRU supports full immunization as the best way to protect yourself and our campus community and strongly recommends vaccination against COVID-19.
Classification: SPB05 - Public Relations Assistant V
Salary: $59,675 - $75,507/year
Closing Date: May 30, 2023
A cover letter and resume should be submitted in one .pdf document. Please title your .pdf document as follows: [Last Name], [Requisition Number], [Document Title].pdf (ex. Smith, 999999, CV.pdf).