New Job Research Analyst 3 In Ontario
|RESEARCH ANALYST 3|
RESEARCH ANALYST 3
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 36674
Job Category: Policy, Planning & Research
Division & Section: Toronto Court Services, TO Court Svcs Business Planning
Work Location: 30 Adelaide Street East
Job Type & Duration: Full-Time, Permanent Vacancy
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $32.69 - $35.83
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 08-May-2023 to 23-May-2023
To initiate, plan and conduct research studies on various topics.
- Conducts research and analysis related to program area.
- Develops data collection instruments, and uses statistical packages to write and run programs for data analysis.
- Develops and maintains databases of programs, services, and other matters required by the Unit.
- Develops and maintains data sets including, but not limited to business, economic activity, demographics and outcome indicators.
- Reports on demographics and related statistics on subjects relevant to the division and the City of Toronto.
- Compiles and analyzes surveys used by the division for Performance Measures purposes and for other internal monitoring procedures.
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of research/study findings and statistical reports.
- Assists with the development of promotional materials, policies and procedures.
- Inputs and develops reports, documents, proposals and correspondence as required by the Unit.
- Maintains a filing system of business-related statistics.
- Supports senior staff with special events and activities, coordinating seminars and meetings and attending functions as required to provide on-site assistance.
- Updates and maintains directories, statistics and communications used by all levels in the division including management staff.
- Responds to business related requests for information both from internal and external sources.
- Establishing and maintaining filing system for Unit.
- Answering telephone and written inquiries.
- Creates detailed maps and directories.
- Develops and designs and updates web pages.
- Assists with administrative support and operational duties for the Unit.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant program or discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in conducting research, assisting in writing and editing of research reports; interpreting large volumes of data and summarising findings.
- Experience in digital asset management, content management, records management and/or database systems management.
- Experience working with various software applications including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Power Point).
- Experience providing a high-level of customer service.
You must also have:
- Fundamental knowledge of research methodologies and practices and the ability to research, compile and analyze information, statistics and demographics.
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret and present quantitative and qualitative information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, taking a constructive, solutions-based approach to problem solving and positive approach towards stakeholder relationship management.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment, multi-task effectively and meet tight and competing deadlines.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, preparing clear and succinct reports and correspondence for Committees, Council and other stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in combination with the ability to perform duties under minimal supervision.
- A good understanding of the technical and operational issues facing the division, including the ability to understand the work with Court Services case management systems (e.g., ICON – Integrated Courts Offences Network).
- Strong organizational skills and sound judgement in all matters including the handling of confidential and/or sensitive information.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.