New Job Research Analyst 1 In Ontario
|RESEARCH ANALYST 1|
RESEARCH ANALYST 1
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $42.72–$46.81 an hour
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 34832
Job Category: Policy, Planning & Research
Division & Section: Corporate Real Estate Management, Asset Management & Building Performance
Work Location: METRO HALL, 55 John Street
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary Vacancy (24 months)
Hourly Rate: $42.72 - $46.81
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 03-May-2023 to 16-May-2023
To support Senior team members in building- and building portfolio-level studies for energy and carbon performance, track, monitor and report on 1) service requests for Asset Management and Building Performance team from other Divisions, 2) solar energy system's performance, and 3) energy performance of projects and initiatives.
- Conducts research on topics involving collection of information from sources such as other levels of government, libraries, other divisions and community agencies, conducts literature searches, and utilizes other social, economic and scientific research methods. Develops and administers internal and external stakeholder engagement materials.
- Collects, analyzes, evaluates and interprets information/findings to develop recommendations for improvement to existing divisional projects, policies and services and in the development of theories, concepts and objectives for new divisional projects, policies and services.
- Operates computer applications to store and retrieve data. Coordinates mandatory SAP reporting, contract execution, and payment invoicing activities for the Asset Management and Building Performance team in coordination with other team members.
- Prepares abstracts and summaries of studies using a range of analytical techniques such as statistical, economic and scientific.
- Provides research support to other Divisions, Councillors, task forces and committees by locating and providing information requested. Circulates data throughout Division.
- Develops and sets up computer applications to store and retrieve data (e.g., building performance reporting data, measurement and verification information, integrated building information databases).
- Maintains library e.g., research data, statistics, acts, books, periodicals, reference material and council minutes. Collects, purchases, indexes/catalogues and files material. Updates material using personal computer. Modifies/develops reference system.
- Attends meetings with staff; networks with other Divisions, different levels of government, libraries and community agencies. Participates in problem solving.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in the relevant area of study or discipline or the approved equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive experience in data analytics, statistical analysis and interpretation large volumes of data.
- Considerable experience in renewable and/or sustainable energy management in commercial real estate, or property management sector or equivalent.
- Experience in leading and coordination research and program delivery projects that involve multiple stakeholders (e.g., specifically for energy retrofit, renewable energy and carbon reduction programs).
- Experience in planning, conducting and evaluating research studies.
You must also have:
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and manage workflow in a team setting and independently within time constraints.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with an ability to prepare reports and statistics within tight deadlines and appropriately tailored to target audiences (e.g., senior leadership, Council, internal partners, funders, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and internal/ external stakeholders with a high level of flexibility to deal with rapidly emerging situations and support collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, including engaging all stakeholders in information gathering, problem-solving, issue resolution.
- Ability to use a variety of software packages such as financial modules of SAP, or equivalent and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and maintain complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex operating and service delivery issues.
- Ability to travel to various work locations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces.
Experience with energy performance data and renewable energy systems data is considered an asset.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.