New Job Recruitment Coordinator In British Columbia
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $53,015–$62,370 a year
Location : British Columbia
Job ID: 4804
SHORT-TERM (APRX 18 MONTHS)/FULL-TIME
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
RECRUITMENT COORDINATOR :
($53,015 - $62,370 - Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Recruitment, the Recruitment Coordinator performs a variety of recruiting and administration activities including recruiting entry level positions, co-op students, and Temp Agency hires. He/she/they works closely with hiring managers to determine selection processes; tracks activities for all recruitment, analyses data and submits reports; coordinates internal posting and external advertising processes including posting positions, sets up competition files and schedules interviews for panel members. The Recruitment Coordinator administers and maintains the recruitment and applicant tracking system (PeopleSoft eRecruit); trains staff and hiring panel members in the use of eRecruit; participates in testing and implementing new versions or updates.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Certification in Human Resources Management or other relevant discipline.
- Sound experience in recruitment and office administration in a public sector organization. Sound experience working with complex, time sensitive, Human Resource Information systems.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices, and standards of recruitment and selection
- Sound knowledge of employment related legislation
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, with emphasis in Word and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission and government human resource policies, collective agreement provisions, terms and conditions of employment, and government regulations pertaining to recruitment
- Ability to troubleshoot recruitment and applicant tracking system (i.e. eRecruit) and other related software programs
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast-pace team environment
- Ability to prepare materials, reports and correspondence and provide summaries and recommendations
- Ability to interpret, explain and apply procedures and policies
- Ability to exercise judgment, diplomacy and tact in dealing with varied day-to-day issues and matters of a confidential nature
- Ability to conduct interviews for a variety of entry level positions
- Ability to foster strong working relationships, liaise effectively with senior managers and facilitate the completion of various activities
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects, coordinate work with others, keep management apprised of issues and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to travel within BC periodically, as required.
How to Apply:
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected].
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.