New Job Quality & Food Safety Lab Supervisor In Saskatchewan
|Quality & Food Safety Lab Supervisor|
Quality & Food Safety Lab Supervisor
Company : Louis Dreyfus Company
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. Our activities span the entire value chain from farm to fork, across a broad range of business lines, we leverage our global reach and extensive asset network to serve our customers and consumers around the world. Structured as a matrix organization of six geographical regions and ten platforms, Louis Dreyfus Company is active in over 100 countries and employs approximately 15,000 people globally.
The Quality & Food Safety Lab Supervisor manages the daily operation of the lab which includes the testing of raw materials, intermediate, and finished products at the canola crushing facility in Yorkton, Saskatchewan. This position also helps to implement and sustain Good Laboratory Practices, communicate directly with internal customers (operations team), and supervise lab technicians. This position will report directly to the site Quality & Food Safety Manager.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Manage the schedule for the daily and annual sampling and testing of products.
- Implement cross check program amongst operations and lab personnel.
- Review, maintain, and write all procedures for the lab analytical testing and equipment maintenance.
- Train personnel on testing and verify accuracy and compliance.
- Manage calibration and verification programs, maintenance programs, and service agreements for all test equipment.
- Develop and optimize analytical methods to increase efficiency of the quality control lab.
- Source lab equipment and new tests methods.
- Manage the collection and storage of samples.
- Manage the inventory of chemicals and consumables.
- Manage the lab housekeeping and safety programs.
- Administer and maintain the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Train personnel on use of the LIMs, how to retrieve data, and generate reports.
- Reviews Certificates of Analysis to confirm results against specifications.
- Prepares annual budgets for the facility laboratories.
- Efficiently organize data generated from lab projects and assignments.
- Utilize statistical tools to determine the accuracy and precision of analysis, to report quality variation, and to assist in problem solving.
- Work directly with plant personnel to resolve product quality issues.
- Manage and conduct performance evaluation of lab technicians.
- Compile information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
- Generate reports and presentations.
- Cover unplanned absences of lab technicians when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the site Quality & Food Safety Manager.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and prioritize workload.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Able to interpret data to make decisions.
- Microsoft Office 365 applications (i.e., Excel, MS Word, SharePoint, Teams)
- Statistical packages (i.e., Minitab)
- Lab equipment: gas chromatograph, pH-meter, scales, Karl Fisher, ICP, NIR, Lovibond, Rancimat, Soxtec, and similar analytical devices
- Standard office equipment
- Personal protective equipment worn as required.
- Lab and offices are in a climate-controlled environment.
- Occasional exposure to dust, odors, vibrations, and loud noise
- Able to walk multiple floors of stairs daily.
- May require occasional travel within Canada/US.
Minimum required Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, food science, biochemistry, microbiology, or another related field is required.
- Experience: 3 years or more of analytical chemistry experience in a lab in the food, feed, pharmaceuticals, food ingredients, or related industry.
- M. Sc. degree in chemistry, food science, biochemistry, microbiology, or another related field.
- Experience in direct management of a lab.
- Experience with lab management standards (i.e., ISO17025)
- Familiarity with AOCS or ASTM methods
- 6 Sigma or other quality certifications
What We Offer
We provide a dynamic and stimulating international environment, which will stretch and develop your abilities and channel your skills and expertise with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
- Comprehensive benefits program including extended health care and dental coverage, employee and family assistance program, life insurance and disability coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan with Employer contributions and matching
- Paid vacation, paid sick time and paid statutory holidays
Diversity & Inclusion
LDC is driven by a set of shared values and high ethical standards, with diversity and inclusion being part of our DNA. LDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
LDC encourages diversity, supports local communities and environmental initiatives. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Sustainable value is at the heart of our purpose as a company.
We are passionate about creating fair and sustainable value, both for our business and for other value chain stakeholders: our people, our business partners, the communities we touch and the environment around us
Job Reference JR0067892
Professional Areas Industry
Function Operations, Engineering and Maintenance
Contract Type Permanent
Years of Work Experience 0+
Start date 2023-04-27