New Job Quality Assurance Specialist In Quebec
|Quality Assurance Specialist|
Quality Assurance Specialist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $20–$40 an hour
Location : Quebec
IONODES was founded over 15 years ago, we are a world leader in IP video technology with offices in Montreal and Luxembourg. Our mission is simple: to push the boundaries of video technology, delivering innovative IoT and Cloud video solutions that will enhance people’s lifestyles while ensuring their safety and security. We believe that by providing cutting-edge video processing, analytics, and streaming technologies, we can help our customers better understand the security conditions of their physical environment, enabling them to make better decisions.
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Specialist to join our team in Laval, Quebec, Canada. You will be a member of the R&D team and will work closely with the engineering team to ensure a high level of quality for IONODES products. You will be responsible for defining tools, procedures, test plans and qualification of various IONODES products. This is not only an opportunity to join a dynamic team, but also to play an important role in how we evolve our products.
We have a culture of innovation, trust, continuous learning and feedback... and our people love it. Come find out why!
As a Quality Assurance Specialist, you will help ensure the high quality of software modules and hardware platforms focused on video capture, compression, processing, transmission and analysis. Your work will help evolve some of the world's most advanced surveillance systems for private and government organizations around the world.
Role and responsibilities
· Work closely with the R&D and technical support team to ensure the highest levels of quality in our products and solutions.
· Take charge of the design, development, deployment and maintenance of test software.
· Participate in the writing, definition and improvement of test strategies for our various products.
· Participate in the definition and development of new features.
· Define, document and execute methodically the different test plans.
· Design test scenarios, scripts and procedures to validate new features during the development and release phase of the products.
· Propose and implement an automated test environment to improve productivity and efficiency of test plan execution.
· Define and maintain a test lab to ensure accuracy and relevance of testing.
· Participate in the evaluation and estimation of the effort required to define a test plan during the initial development phase of a product and/or feature.
· Document anomalies and maintain a database for tracking anomalies.
· Participate in the writing of technical notes on our products and solutions.
· Degree in computer science, engineering or related subject.
· 3+ years of experience in quality assurance.
· Expertise in an embedded systems environment.
· Expertise in a Cloud (SaaS) environment.
· Ability to interact with HTTP/REST protocol using tools such as Postman
· Ability to analyze network communication using tools such as Wireshark
· Very good communicator. Ability to find, demonstrate and explain technical problems clearly.
· Good listening and communication skills and autonomy.
· Ability to manage and deliver a dynamic set of objectives within expected timeframes and quality targets.
· Strong interest in challenges, willingness to learn and try new technologies.
· Good organizational skills, rigorous, patient, curious and precise.
· Bilingual English / French, in oral and written communication. French remains the working language
· Graduate in computer science, engineering or related subject.
· +3 years of experience in after-sales technical support of an embedded product.
· Proven ability to solve problems, evaluate and solve technical cases, and explain resolutions in a simple way.
· Video / Audio
· TCP / IP, UDP, Multicast, HTTP (s), RTP / RTSP, REST, ONVIF
· Automated testing, SaaS, Cloud, CD/CI, Azure DevOps
· Wireshark, Playright, Selenium, Postman, Scripting
- Competitive salary offered on an experience-based level
- Employment in a fast-growing IT space providing you with brilliant career options for years to come
- Flexible working hours from Monday to Friday
- 4 days off during the holiday season
- Time off on your birthday
- Group insurance - Group RRSP - Telemedicine - Health management account
- Social activities - Free beverages and snacks - Free on-site parking
Employment status: Permanent, full-time
Expected start date: Now
IONODES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request.
Please send your resume to: [email protected]
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$40.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- quality assurance: 3 years (required)
- French (required)
- English (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Laval, QC H7M 5G4