New Job Public Works Manager In Alberta
|Public Works Manager|
Public Works Manager
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $95,264 a year
Location : Alberta
Public Works Manager
Management / Administration
The Town of Vegreville
May 10, 2023
As the Town of Vegreville evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of professionals, with a diversity ofskills and expertise. Under the direction of the Infrastructure, Planning & Development Director, the Public Works Manager is responsible for the planning, organizing, and directing of Public Works Programs. These programs include but are not limited to the maintenance and repair of roads, water distribution, drainage, and wastewater collection. Additionally, the Public Works Manager is responsible for the operation of the Cemetery, Sanitary Landfill, and the Regional Airport. Furthermore, the Public Works Manager is responsible for coordinating and supervising duties pertinent to the Public Works Department such as the development and implementation of training and safety programs when necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and provide direction to the Public Works staff regarding scheduling, maintenance, and operation of the Town’s Road, sewer, water, drainage, and other Public Works infrastructure and responsibilities.
- Coordinate and monitor the Town’s Road, sewer, water, drainage, and other Public Works capital project administration and inspection. Supervises the construction, repair, and maintenance of municipal services.
- Assist as needed, in the preparation of specifications and plans, calling of tenders and inspection or supervision of construction, maintenance and demolition work being done by outside contractors.
- Develop a departmental budget and submit for discussion with the Infrastructure, Planning, & Development Director and supervises expenditures for the department within the approved budget.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Officer, ensures that the department is staffed with personnel qualified to undertake their duties as assigned.
- Ensures the development and implementation of personnel training programs as required for those under their supervision.
- Fully supports and promotes the Town of Vegreville Safety Program.
- Ensures that all Occupational Health and Safety Regulations affecting work in the departments are enforced.
- Makes recommendations to the Infrastructure, Planning & Development Director regarding procedures and programs for accomplishing objectives of the department for enhancing service to the public, as well as management of current and potential contracted services.
- Attends Council and Committee Meetings as necessary and will liaison with special technical committees, organizations, and the public at large.
- Acts as a technical advisor for specialized projects.
- Implement an inclusive process that will provide staff with an opportunity for input and advancement in all aspects of the Public Works Department.
- Implement and promote a team environment throughout all aspects of the organization.
- Performs other Town related work as necessary and as directed by the Infrastructure, Planning & Development Director.
KEY COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Post Secondary Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or related field.
- Three to five years of municipal experience in water and sewer installation and maintenance, road construction and maintenance. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and administrative skills to manage a Public Works team in the performance of their duties.
- Ability to identify and implement technical advancements to improve departmental efficiencies.
- Strong working knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of Public Works, traffic engineering, municipal water and sewers engineering, and public works, utilities, and facilities maintenance functions.
- Robust understanding and commitment to customer service and public relations, and able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Have a good working knowledge of Safety Standards and Practices and the ability and desire to implement them.
- Possess and retain a valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License. Possess and retain valid First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificates.
$95,264-$117,163 per annum.
Application deadline is May 10, 2023. To apply to this position, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Thank you to all that apply. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Education : College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience : 5 years or more