New Job Project Manager In Yukon
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $85,241–$98,915 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is for a 5 year term opportunity.
The Property Management Division of Highways and Public Works builds and maintains government buildings and provides real property management to ensure safe workplaces for Yukon government employees and public access to government services. We manage Yukon government building assets by delivering planning, design, project management, maintenance, security, cleaning and grounds-keeping services throughout the Yukon. We employ tradespeople, analysts, labourers, administrators and more - there are a variety of exciting career opportunities.
Reporting to the Senior Building Program Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for the management of capital projects at new and existing Yukon Government facilities. This entails management through the following project phases: Initiation, Assessment, Design, Implementation and Close-out. Key tasks include refining scope, identifying required resources, procuring the services of consultants and contractors, and providing oversight through implementation. At all project phases, the Project Manager is responsible for managing scope, schedule and budget, and for coordinating with internal and external stakeholders and client departments. If you are interested in this opportunity, please review this information: Apply on a job | Government of Yukon
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume):
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications listed below; specifically, how your work experience and related duties align with these essential qualifications. (Ensure a month/year to month/year format is used for each work experience. For more information about preparing your resume for a Yukon government posting please refer to www.employment.gov.yk.ca/resume.html. Note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.)
- Experience in building construction, ideally in commercial construction or management of major building maintenance projects.
- A degree or diploma in Architecture, Engineering, Building Science or Construction Management,
- Considerable experience in a supervisory role on construction projects.
- A professional designation in Architecture or Engineering may be considered an asset.
- Red Seal certification in a Skilled Trade may be considered an asset .
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) may be considered an asset .
- Relevant experience in Procurement, Contract Management, or Project Management may be considered an asset.
If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on the following leadership competencies:
- Taking Action and Achieving Results: Focuses, commits, and applies resources to identify and achieve appropriate results
- Demonstrating Client Focus: Creates a client-focused culture for the entire organization and engages others in providing outstanding service to internal and external clients
- Influencing Others: Generates commitment while inspiring others. Builds coalitions internally and externally, to reach the organization’s goals by using a variety of methods and adapting influence approaches, and by effectively using knowledge of how the organization really works.
- Thinking Strategically: Takes a comprehensive, long-term view, critically assessing options and implications, while linking decisions to strategic goals.
In addition, candidates may be assessed on:
- Written and verbal communication: Comfortable with and able to communicate clearly in person, over the phone or via email.
- Budgeting and financial management: Manages project finances proficiently by tracking budgetary commitments and expenditures, and forecasting project spending.
- Time management: Coordinates and completes competing tasks in accordance with strict deadlines.
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s license;
- Travel throughout Yukon Territory.
- Find out what we offer our employees
- See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact Steve Vogel, Senior Building Program Manager, Highways and Public Works, at [email protected]
If you have questions about applying on a job with Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact Marg Webb, Human Resources Consultant, Highways and Public Works, at [email protected]