New Job Project Coordinator In Saskatchewan
Company : Aecon Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
Safe.Trusted.Respected. Aecon Civil is a market leader with a self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We’re proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada’s infrastructure and transportation networks, and we’re ready to build the future of our country. With over a century of experience, and the ability to offer diverse, comprehensive services, Aecon is a preferred contractor for our clients. This includes numerous public entities and Public-Private Partnerships in Canada and abroad.
Reporting to the Saskatchewan Construction Manager or designate, the Project Coordinator plays an essential role in project execution. This dynamic role is focused on working within the project management team in developing and maintaining schedules, managing labour, equipment, subcontractors, materials, customer relations, engineering, contract management, project controls, change management, budgets, etc.
- Along with the Project Manager, produce Daily Construction Report for Construction Manager approval & submission.
- Work with the Project Manager, create project Purchase Order requisitions for approval, ensure accuracy and timely submittal.
- Work alongside Project Manager to review monthly quantities for approval by Consultant/Owner for contract progress estimates and reconcile subcontractor & materials progress estimates.
- Develop an understanding of budgets, cost reports & revenue forecasts at the project level.
- Instructs Aecon employees, vendors, foremen, trades, superintendents, subcontractors. Influences and gains buy-in to new ideas and solutions. Chairs meetings and leads discussions with defined outcomes.
- Coordinates regulatory compliance activities. Provides project management status updates to clients. Fields queries from external stakeholders and coordinates responses.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule as required by the Construction Manager.
- Lead by example ensuring Aecon’s corporate health and safety program and quality control plans are adhered to.
- Prepare work schedules and coordinate project staff.
- Complete and submit a Traffic Accommodation Strategy and Environmental Construction Operating Plan for approval.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her Supervisor.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Civil Engineering Degree or Diploma / or equivalent training and experience.
- 0 to 3 years of combined civil construction experience in a project execution role.
- Familiar with road construction projects in Alberta/Saskatchewan market.
- Experience with asphalt paving, bridges, and underground.
- Capable of reading and understanding construction drawings and documents.
- Strong communication skills - oral and written.
- Strong time management and task prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills.
- Adaptable to work a flexible work schedule when required.
- Ability to work with others as a team with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work away from home for extended periods.
- Position requires travel throughout Alberta/Saskatchewan.
- Valid driver's license.
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA Act during any step of the application process please click here.