New Job Project Assistant In Alberta
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $3,770–$4,616 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 42769
Ministry: Forestry, Parks and Tourism
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: May 30, 2023
Classification: Subsidiary 01B 3625 Administrative Support 5
We are currently looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Project Assistant to join our Capital Infrastructure Development & Implementation team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing complex administrative services that are crucial for the successful management of the capital program project portfolio. Your primary duties will include offering administrative support for all phases of project management for major projects that improve asset value in Parks and Crown Land, as well as providing essential contract and financial administration services for project delivery.
In addition to these duties, the Project Assistant will be required to collaborate with finance, procurement, contractors, consultants, Ministry representatives, and other project stakeholders when providing project, contract, and financial administration services. You will be responsible for resolving any associated issues and responding to enquiries.
As a Project Assistant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing project administration services that support the delivery of projects aimed at improving Parks and Crown Land Assets and infrastructure within the area, as well as managing the team’s project portfolio.
- Providing financial administration services that support the delivery of capital projects and management of the team’s project portfolio.
- Providing procurement and contract administration services that support the delivery of capital projects and management of the team’s project portfolio.
- Offer support to employees in completing personnel paperwork, submitting time reports online, adhering to Master and Subsidiary Agreements, as well as complying with other HR policies, procedures, and directives.
High school diploma and five years of related experience in capital project administrative experience. Preference is for Business Administration Diploma; equivalencies will be considered.
Equivalency: Directly related experience or education considered on the basis of:
- One year of experience for one year of education; or
- One year of education for one year of experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with following assets:
- Completion of business administration, accounting or financial courses
- Project management fundamentals courses or experience
- Knowledge of Capital Program
- Knowledge or familiarity with the construction and trades industry
- Experience with accounting, budgeting and forecasting
- Proficient use of automated information and business productivity systems used to carry out responsibilities (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word, Adobe, SharePoint)
- Experience using Government of Alberta’s 1GX software
- Versatility between different software programs and cloud based systems
- Experience assisting with HR tasks that relate to staff orientation and training
- Relevant aspects of applicable legislation (e.g., Financial Administration Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act)
- Experience working in complex environments or units of organization involved in large, medium and small projects
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
How Competencies will apply to this role:
Agility: Ability to anticipate, assess, and readily adapt to changing priorities, maintain resilience and work effectively in changing environments.
Creative Problem Solving: Ability to assess options and implications in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions.
Systems Thinking: Work done is part of a larger integrated and inner-related environment. Allows us to keep broader impacts and connections in mind.
Drive for Results: Knowing what outcomes are important and maximizing resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization while maintaining accountability.
$1,884.99 to $2,307.87 bi-weekly ($49,198 – $60,235/year)
- This is a full-time permanent position.
- Monday to Friday, 36.25 hours per week.
What the GoA has to offer to prospective employees:
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements
- Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool –
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Christina Tataryn at [email protected].
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check