New Job Project Assistant In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $26.00–$31.83 an hour
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 41542
Ministry: Agriculture and Irrigation
Full or Part-Time: Part-Time
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: May 11 2023
Classification: Administrative Support 5
Financial Services Division
This division supports the achievement of ministry outcomes, and the continued delivery of corporate services to clients and stakeholders. The Assistant Deputy Minister of Financial Services and Senior Financial Officer role is shared with Alberta Forestry Parks and Tourism.
Facilities & Fleet Services Unit
Staff manage core ministry services for departmental divisions including program accommodations, space change requirements and renovations, lease agreements, fleet procurement, driver safety, ministry parking requirements, and capital improvements.
Staff work daily with cross ministry staff in Alberta Infrastructure, Service Alberta Red Tape Reduction and Technology and Innovation.
Emergency Management Services Unit
Emergency Management Services includes Prevention and Mitigation, Preparedness, Response, and Recovery. Emergency Management staff play a vital role in supporting program areas in their business continuity response to an emergency.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Project Assistant to join our Facilities, Fleet, and Emergency Management team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing complex administrative services essential to the effective and efficient management of our unit portfolios. You will provide administrative support, including contract and financial administration services, for project management essential to project delivery.
- Provide project administration services to support the delivery of projects within the area and the management of the area project portfolio.
- Provide financial administration services to support the branch business portfolio.
- Provide general office administration and coordination, including scheduling, calendar management, and IT equipment maintenance.
- Serve as Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) Coordinator.
High school diploma and three (3) years of related experience.
Equivalency: Directly related education or experience considered on the basis of:
- 1 year of education for 1 year of experience; or
- 1 year of experience for 1 year of education
- Class 5 driver’s license; organizational skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Flexible and adaptable to organizational changes and priorities
Preference will be given to those with:
- Experience working in complex environments or units of organization involved in large, medium and small projects.
- Project management knowledge and experience
- PROSCI and project management certification
- First Aid certification
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
This link will assist you with understanding competencies:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following APS Competencies:
- Drive for Results
- Develop Self and Others
- Build Collaborative Environments
- Develop Networks
- Systems Thinking
- Creative Problem Solving
$26.00 to $31.83 / hour
- Office located in Edmonton
- Evening and weekend work is sometimes required
Additional Applicant Information:
Instructions for your Resume:
For Employment Experience:
- Please indicate duration of employment (month, year)
- Ex: Youth Worker, Jan 2006 - June 2009
For any Post-Secondary Education:
- Please specify your major and length of the program
- Please specify the year of graduation
- Ex: Bachelor of Social Work, 4-year Degree (Graduated 2017)
What we offer:
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements
- Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool –
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
- Apply for Jobs with the Alberta Public Service:
- Understanding the Alberta Public Service Hiring Process:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Karen Jackman at [email protected].
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check