New Job Program Analyst In British Columbia
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $56,797–$65,740 a year
Location : British Columbia
PROGRAM ANALYST - 2 POSITIONS
Job ID: 4805
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
($56,796.64 - $65,740.30 Annually)
Reporting to the Senior Program Analyst, the Program Analyst supports the Commission’s Program Planning department to improve the delivery and management of social housing and homelessness programs across the province. The position supports complex projects, including the development of new programs, and re-engineering existing programs, delivery strategies, policies, and resources. He/She/They conducts constitution and bylaw reviews, surveys and analyses of program planning issues, writes complex analytical reports, and presents findings to improve and ensure effective program delivery. The incumbent works collaboratively with all Branches to ensure effective implementation across a diverse regional structure.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in business administration, social sciences, or other relevant field.
- Considerable experience in public policy, planning, or finance.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Criminal Record Check Required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation, including BC Housing Regulation, Society Act/Regulations, Cooperative Association Act, and Business Corporations Act
- Excellent judgement and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, research, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to use sound judgement in analysing and identifying areas of improvement in policies and procedures
- Ability to apply an intersectional analysis to programs and policies
- Ability to be sensitive to the diverse perspectives of stakeholders, resolve differences and work cohesively together.
- Ability to conduct equity analysis to incorporate perspectives of multiple stakeholders and communities in consideration of impacts and outcomes of program frameworks
- Ability to exercise attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely
How to Apply:
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected].
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.