New Job Procurement Business Partner In Saskatchewan
|Procurement Business Partner|
Procurement Business Partner
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $37.43–$46.91 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement supplies services to the public and other ministries that support efforts to build the economy and make a better life for all Saskatchewan people. The ministry’s Procurement Management Division brings procurement professionals and expertise into a single organization focused on excellence and service.
The Goods and Services Branch is seeking an innovative, responsible, and client-focused professional to join our team as a Procurement Business Partner. This position will allow you to leverage your leadership skills, passion, and technical expertise to work collaboratively and strategically with ministry clients and the public to build the economy and make a better life for the people of Saskatchewan.
This position will:
- Create, implement, and maintain new procurement models, policies, and processes designed to help provincial government organizations adopt best practices and improve their procurement performance in all phases of the acquisition life cycle;
- Research, identify, and manage all aspects of a complex, competitive procurement process (RFP), including utilizing different systems or tools to complete strategic sourcing initiatives, retrieve data, identify technical and legal issues, perform financial and non-financial data analysis, and evaluate current and future trends;
- Consult with other provinces on specific needs and work with the rules and regulations of other jurisdictions on intra-provincial procurement opportunities;
- Develop relationships and liaise with senior ministry, agency, and Crown Corporation officials to lead them through the strategic procurement process to achieve client and government objectives;
- Clearly and accurately explain, verbally and in writing, complex processes; interpret policy standards relating to the acquisition and contracting of services; and provide recommendations to clients to enhance knowledge and understanding of procurement policies, programs, laws, and procedures;
- Manage contracts to ensure that both suppliers and clients are adhering to rules and regulations, maintaining confidentiality, and completing their obligations as stated in the written contract;
- Provide professional expertise to clients using project management methods to reach acceptable solutions for business requirements and ensure best value procurement is achieved; and
- Create, format, and edit a variety of documents utilizing various software applications within tight and specific timelines.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of applicable government legislation, regulations and procedures;
- Knowledge of ministry programs, standards, policies, and expectations; and
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills, along with strong attention to detail.
Typically, the knowledge and abilities required for this position would be obtained through an SCMP designation or a relevant undergraduate degree. Project management skills acquired through a project management designation (PMP or Prince2) are an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Experience in complex, end-to-end procurements and working within the public sector environment is highly desirable.
SaskBuilds and Procurement: where infrastructure, procurement, real property, facility management, logistics and information technology meet to enable the Saskatchewan's Growth Plan for the Next Decade of Growth 2020-2030 and programs and services for citizens and communities. The Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement offers dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity and diversity. Also, the Saskatchewan public service offers several employment advantages such as:
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation and earned days off (EDOs) and other types of leave;
- Advancement opportunities; and
- Flexible work arrangements.
If you want to learn more about the Ministry SaskBuilds and Procurement and what we offer, check out our website Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement.