New Job Primary Health Care Nurse In Charge In Yukon
|Primary Health Care Nurse In Charge|
Primary Health Care Nurse In Charge
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $47,624–$55,308 a year
Location : Yukon
This is an until – filled competition. Candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting can close at any time with 24-hours posted notice. Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
This competition is to fill one permanent part-time position working on rotation.
The Community Nursing Branch of the Department of Health and Social Services is committed to excellence in the provision of Primary Health Care throughout Yukon communities and firmly believes in a client-focused service delivery. Working in an expanded scope of practice, you will assist individuals and families to achieve and maintain optimal health through the provision of primary care and emergency treatment services, health education/promotion activities, and disease prevention. This work occurs in a very dynamic and evolving environment that constantly strives to improve health services to the community. Community Nursing is committed to supporting our staff by providing a detailed initial orientation and mentorship to the role and responsibilities and to the expanded scope of practice knowledge and skills requirements. This is followed by on-going seminars, skills education, workshops and educational support.
Reporting to the Community Nursing Manager, the Primary Health Care Nurse-in-Charge practices in an expanded nursing role while being responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Health Centre. Regular duties include: administering activities and supervising staff; direct provision of primary health care and emergency care; planning, developing, implementing and evaluating public health programs, education and activities; and performing other related duties which contribute to the optimal functioning of the unit.
You require knowledge and skills in assessment, diagnosis and treatment to deliver services in settings where there is minimal or no access to physician and allied support services such as lab, X-ray and pharmacy. As the Health Centre team leader and supervisor, you will collaborate and work effectively with clients, health professionals, agencies, and the community while employing cultural competence in the provision of primary health care services and programs. You will balance administrative duties with providing direct patient care both during clinic regular hours and as part of the after-hours rotational emergency-on-call schedule.
In addition to the base salary, this position offers
- Signing Bonus $7,500
- Primary Health Care Nurse Allowance up to $10,000
- Primary Health Care Nurse in Charge allowance up to $10,000
Additional Allowances and benefits
- Retention allowance of up to $6,000 per annum
- Community allowance of up to $8,600 per annum
- Market adjustment allowance of $875 per annum
- Overtime & Standby pay
- Generous leave & benefit package
- Travel to & from your home province within Canada
- Fully furnished subsidized housing in the community, including basic satellite TV
- Yearly reimbursement of Yukon RN fees
After two years of continuous service
- Yukon Bonus of $2,242 per annum
- Additional Retention Allowance of $4,000
For more information about this position please contact Melanie Kaiser, Manager Recruitment & Relief at (867) 667-8328 or [email protected]
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing
- Current registration with a Canadian registered nursing regulatory authority
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Experience in the delivery of community health and treatment services in an expanded role within a cross-cultural environment
- Certificate in Northern Clinical Program, Outpost Nursing Program, or recognized equivalent is considered an asset
- Recent and relevant supervisory experience in a health care facility, demonstrating a skill set that includes responsibility for orientating, supervising, formal performance reviews and management of employees.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Strong supervisory skills
- Strong knowledge in providing treatment services in an expanded scope of practice
- Strong computer skills and ability to work comfortably in e-health systems.
The following YG Core competencies for leadership:
- Modelling Interpersonal Skills and Personal Responsibility
- Developing People
- Influencing Others
- Thinking Strategically
- Taking Action and Achieving Results
- Leading Change and Innovation
- Demonstrating Client Focus
- Promoting Common Values and Ethics
Conditions of Employment: TB Screening, Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening, Valid Driver’s License, Current Yukon RN registration in good standing, current Heart & Stoke BLS, ACLS, and an approved trauma certification such as TNCC or ITLS to be obtained within 6 months.
- Must be willing to travel by air
- Providing care both in and out of Health Centres
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Working after hours on-call, providing emergency patient care.