New Job Post-Secondary Education Coordinator In New Brunswick
|Post-Secondary Education Coordinator
Post-Secondary Education Coordinator
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Employment Opportunity Post-Secondary Education Coordinator
Position Title: Post-Secondary Education Coordinator
Report To: Manager of Post-Secondary Education
Work Location: 38 Micmac Road, Eel Ground Rd, NB
Duration of Employment: 16 months
Closing date: May 14, 2023
North Shore Micmac District Council - NSMDC is seeking a full time Post- secondary Education Coordinator for a 16 month term. This opportunity requires a well-organized, dedicated individual who can provide support to the Post-Secondary Education Manager while on maternity leave but will have the PSE Consultant as their daily contact.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated and able to work independently and under direction of their supervisor and possess an understanding of Indigenous culture, values and traditions. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and be able to prioritize.
- To ensure that all student clients fully understand their duties and responsibilities when reporting to the post-secondary office.
- Work as an outreach contact for students and help them successfully navigate through their years of schooling (university or college)
- Daily administrative and recording duties for the PSE programs and students.
- Effectively market and promote available funding programs, as well as, opportunities for bursaries, scholarships and other financial support programs.
- Counsel students in personal and financial matters and work closely with them to help develop solutions to problems and issues that may arise.
- Increase First Nations representation within post-secondary institutions.
- To successfully obtain all required reporting documents from student clients in order to properly complete their yearly student files.
- To attend meetings a representative of the North Shore Micmac District Council, Education program.
- Maintain confidentiality with students and partners.
- Trusted with access to the banking system.
Tasks and Activities
- Provide administrative assistance to the PSE Manager and PSE Consultant.
- Coordinate daily functions of the post-secondary education office.
- Reimburse students for purchased required textbooks, as well as, pay their monthly allowance.
- Assist in the delivery of the Post-Secondary Education program.
- Build network of support contacts in communities, schools and federal funding agencies etc.
- Counselling students on personal, financial and educational matters.
- Maintain confidential student files.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Write and edits emails, letters, and educational materials for distribution.
- Establish business relationships with universities and colleges attended by our students.
- Maintain effective communication among students, the PSE program staff and post-secondary institutions attended by our students.
- Resourcing the post-secondary office with university/college applications and calendars, and distributing information to students on an on-going basis.
- Must have 3-5 years' experience working with First Nations bands within education or a related field.
- Must have degree in education, human services or administration.
- Experience in counselling and/or human relations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Must have solid understanding of Mi'kmaq culture and communities.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Must have strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Must have ability to make sound judgements when dealing with students, parents, post-secondary education institutions and others.
- Knowledgeable in university and college admissions, registration requirements, as well as, their regulations.
- Knowledge in general office software, such as, Word, Excel, Outlook, faxing and printing machines, as well as, phone etiquette.
- Have the ability to motivate students to remain positive and set achievable goals while remaining confident when making informed choices and acting in ways that will improve their lives and their education.
- Must be willing to travel and access to their own vehicle. The job requires incumbent travel to member bands on an on-going basis, as well we, visit students at their respective universities.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later then Sunday, May 14,2023.