New Job Policy Advisor In Yukon
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $85,241–$98,915 a year
Location : Yukon
This is for 1 permanent full time position, working 75 hours biweekly.
At Energy, Mines and Resources, we are committed to a healthy and sustainable resource sector, managed in partnership with Yukoners. We embrace a work environment where problem solving, creativity, teamwork, risk management and personal effort result in the attainment of our goals and those of the public and our clients.
The objective of the Corporate Policy and Planning Branch is to coordinate and advance policies and initiatives to support the development of Yukon’s land and natural resources in a responsible and sustainable manner. The team develops and delivers policies, strategies, Cabinet and Cabinet Committee packages, and legislative instruments to support effective resource management.
Our policy advisors are strategic individuals with critical thinking skills who work as a team to analyze a broad variety of policy projects, make reasoned recommendations to program areas, and work with inter- and intra-departmental colleagues to respond to key issues in resource management. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate recommendations on complex issues clearly.
For more information about this position, please contact: Patrick Bradley, Manager of Corporate Policy and Planning, [email protected].
If you have questions about the recruitment/competition process, please contact Colleen Kormos at [email protected]. Colleen is also your go-to person should you need to request any accommodations throughout this process.
Please submit a resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications below. Please note, selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume:
Check out this resource page
To learn more about how to prepare and submit your resume for the best potential screening outcome.
- Post-secondary education in Public Administration, Political Science, Business Administration, Communications, Law, Natural Resources or a related field
- Experience in a policy role, undertaking tasks such as researching, analyzing and writing reports; researching and developing policies and legislative initiatives; and, providing advice and recommendations to decision makers
- Experience in leading (or co-leading) and managing complex projects
- Experience working with land and natural resources in a professional setting would be an asset
- Experience with the Cabinet, Cabinet Committee, and/or Management Board decision-making process would be an asset
- Experience working and negotiating with other governments, First Nations and stakeholders would be an asset
Candidates with an equivalent combination of post-secondary coursework along with significant experience in the above will be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
We are looking for a strategic individual with critical thinking skills who can analyze a broad variety of policy projects and make reasoned recommendations. The ideal candidate should have, and may be assessed on their:
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Organizational, time management and planning skills
- Ability to make recommendations on complex issues, draft decision making documents and develop policy
- Ability to work in a team environment but also take the initiative to work independently