New Job Police Detachment Clerk In Alberta
|Police Detachment Clerk
Police Detachment Clerk
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $30.37–$31.97 an hour
Location : Alberta
The Police Detachment Clerk provides administrative and operational support to the RCMP and Municipal Enforcement daily through the use of all relevant police databases, computer related software and communication devices. This position is responsible for file retrieval, data entry and modification, responding to all inquiries pertaining to files from various stakeholders, record management and all incoming and outgoing mail at the detachment.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- Grade 12
- One (1) year of direct experience in a policing administrative environment; or 2 years’ experience in a legal environment as an equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to pass RCMP security clearance prior to receiving an offer of employment
- Must maintain RCMP security clearance throughout employment
- Ability to type 55 wpm accurately
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete tested courses in: RCMP PROS User Course, RCMP CPIC Maintenance Course, RCMP Records Information Manager Course
Must be able to satisfactorily complete Police Detachment Clerk Training
- Must be able to work shift work
- Must possess the ability to work independently with strong decision making capabilities and critical problem solving skills with the ability to remain calm in emergency and stressful situations
- Discretely handle sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of the team; contributing to a respectful workplace at all times
- Living up to The City of Red Deer Cornerstone Values; embracing our RISE Principles (Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence).
Conduct yourself appropriately in the workplace, demonstrating ethical behaviour and proper values as expressed through our Ethics Toolkit.
- A keen interest in continued learning and development in all facets of your career at The City of Red Deer
- Work is performed in a fast-paced and stressful environment often with many interruptions; the ability to multitask and prioritize on demand is a critical competency for this role
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to be self-motivated and work independently with little supervision
- Employees are expected to work in a cooperative and collaborative environment, applying precedent, policies and procedures to varying circumstances in the performance of their duties
- Must be well versed and highly knowledgeable in the statutes and laws of Canada, including but not limited to The Criminal Code of Canada, Provincial and Federal Statutes, Municipal Bylaws, and FOIP
- Maintain thorough knowledge of PROS/CPIC Policy and Regulations
Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 417
$30.37to $31.97 per hour.
Hours of Work:
75 hours biweekly, as scheduled. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Must successfully pass a stringent RCMP Security Clearance before commencing employment. If you currently have the required clearance, please indicate it clearly in your resume.
We thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted