New Job Pipe Stress Engineer/Specialist - Oil & Energy In Alberta
|Pipe Stress Engineer/Specialist - Oil & Energy|
Pipe Stress Engineer/Specialist - Oil & Energy
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Construction Management (EPC / EPCM) services in Canada.
For 40 years we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, infrastructure and nuclear projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety and quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our primary Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto office locations and delivers construction management and self-perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
We operate independently but leverage the global expertise of and provide resources to our affiliate Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and remain Canadian focused including through our other shareholder, McCaig Investments, a respected local family group of businesses and deep community supporter. Our private ownership provides long-term business planning and strategic decision horizons supported by a strong financial position.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Pipe Stress Engineer/Specialist will generate CAESAR II models based on stress isometrics or piping 3D models. They will also execute pipe stress analysis for multiple projects. Experience with pipeline, slurry piping or dynamic analysis is an asset.
- Decisions made concerning day-to-day activities are well defined by established procedures and project requirements.
- Receives operational supervision and technical guidance from a supervising Lead Piping Engineer or Piping Stress Manager.
- Communicates with Plant Layout and Piping Designers, Engineers and other discipline designers, technical specialists, and supervising engineers to obtain technical information required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works independently in the analysis of piping layout code compliance from basic information, which includes but is not limited to Plot Plans, P&ID’s and LDT’s, Pipe Specifications, applicable Code and Line Classifications, and Equipment Data Sheets or Vendor Drawings.
- Ensures compliance with approved design standards in his/her work and by those assigned, to provide quality design, reliable plant operation, construction economy, and maintenance/operating convenience.
- Ensures compliance with Equipment nozzle loading requirements.
- Reviews and checks calculations, drawings and design documents prepared by assigned analysts or designers for quality, accuracy, neatness, functionality, and satisfactory completion.
- Compiles and maintains job files, records, and progress reports for work assigned.
- Must be or eligible to apply for a P.Eng in Alberta
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
- Sound knowledge and experience in the application of CAESAR II and NozzlePro.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of basic AutoCAD, Microstation, or other drafting software applications.
- Knowledge and experience in 3D CADD applications.
- Sound knowledge of Plant Layout & Piping section work practices and standards, and interfaces with other engineering sections, procurement and construction.
- Knowledge of Piping materials and components.
- Knowledge of Equipment and Piping layouts for operating plants.
- Sound understanding of ASME and other Engineering codes and their interpretation and application, Environmental Regulations, Local and National Codes and Regulations.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.