New Job Pension And Benefits Administrator In Nunavut
|Pension and Benefits Administrator|
Pension and Benefits Administrator
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $80,161–$91,616 a year
Location : Nunavut
Energize Your Career in the Arctic!
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted with providing safe and reliable power to customers across Nunavut. QEC is the sole energy provider in the territory and operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems across the territory.
Working in Nunavut
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. It is known for its breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities. Join our team and spend your time exploring a vast winter wonderland by snowmobile, traversing ancient waterways by kayak, hiking an expansive tundra overflowing with wildlife, or experiencing a rich culture known for its distinct artwork, music, and cuisine. Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe and reliable power across Nunavut.
Pension & Benefits Administrator (QEC-23-011) (Readvertisement)
Baker Lake, Nunavut
Reporting to the Manager, Payroll, Pensions and Benefits, the Pension & Benefits Administrator is responsible for administering the corporate benefits & pension plans, including new hire documentation and submissions, termination processing, counsels’ employees relative to death and disability claims, acts as liaison with benefits providers and Superannuation Directorate, audits and reconciles contributions and deductions, and submission of monthly pension and benefits remittance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide information to employees as it relates to Pensions and Benefits, Service buy-backs, Disability options, Retirement, LWOP, Maternity and Parental leave and dependent coverage.
- Advise management and/or HR on issues and concerns affecting Pensions and Benefits (financially and administratively).
- Provide recommendations that ensure compliance with all Pensions and Benefits regulations and legal requirements.
- Define and action plan all Pensions and Benefits administrative priorities to ensure that all deadlines set by outside organizations and government agencies are met.
- Work in close collaboration with Payroll to ensure employees are enrolled in appropriate plans and that the correct deductions are being made.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Pensions and Benefits legislation and service offering changes.
- Reconcile payment remittances to ensure accuracy and to prevent under or over payments, complete required Journal Entries as needed.
- Assist Manager-Payroll, Pension and Benefits with ad-hoc reports as required.
- Work in partnership with Human Resources and Organizational Development to ensure signed letters of offer and letters of resignation/termination are correct and complete, reflect current QEC policies, Collective Agreements, legislative requirements and are entered into the Payroll Module.
- Follow-up with employee for any secondary information requested by external agencies.
- Ensure required forms are complete, on file, and submitted to external agencies.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Two (2) year College level diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance/Accounting, or a related discipline.
- 3 years’ experience in Pensions and Benefits administration
- Completion of or working towards one of the following certificates is considered an asset: (CEBS, GBA, RPA, PCP).
- Knowledge of Nunavut, the land, language, and culture an asset.
- The ability to speak Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun and/or French an asset.
We offer a competitive salary range of $80,161.48 to $91,616.04 and a northern living allowance of $24,281.00 per annum. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a defined-benefit pension program. In addition, subsidized staff housing is available for this position. This position is included in the Nunavut Employee’s Union.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
To apply, send your application by email to: [email protected].
Open until filled.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.