New Job Patient Care Assistant (Tft) Becka In Ontario
|Patient Care Assistant (TFT) BECKA
Patient Care Assistant (TFT) BECKA
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $25.03–$26.30 an hour
Location : Ontario
The Manager of the Beckwith A program is currently seeking dedicated Patient Care Assistants. The purpose of the position is to provide personal care and support to individuals with mental health needs as a member of the interprofessional team, under the supervision and in collaboration with registered team members. The Beckwith program is in the high-secure forensic area, which is an all-male facility. There are 40 beds on the Beckwith program, this is divided into separate units; Beckwith A and Beckwith B. The patient population Beckwith serves is primarily individuals that suffer treatment resistant psychotic disorders. We are an interdisciplinary team primarily made up of psychometry, psychiatry, social work, recreation therapy, addictions counselling, behavioural support and nursing staff. Our primary focus or mandate of care on Beckwith is reducing or eliminating the patients violent, suicidal, or self-injurious risks while treating the underlying mental illness. This is done using a combination of pharmacological and psychotherapeutic interventions. This is a challenging but rewarding work environment for those interested in helping rehabilitate and support patients living with mental illness.
- Work under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Practical Nurse
- Instruct, counsel, and assist patients in personal hygiene, life skills and encourage development of acceptable social behavior, provide direct basic care and assist with activities of daily living
- Assist with patient socialization and recreational activities at Waypoint
- Report to the team leader/charge nurse any observations of physical and behavioral issues related to patients, document in the electronic clinical file; maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Mental Health Act and Waypoint policy, and are subject to the same ethical standards as registered staff.
- Provide a safe, therapeutic environment for patients who are experiencing physical, cognitive, emotional and behavioral challenges
- Provide escorts of patients within the facility and where appropriate to outside agencies
- Participating in planned and emergency restraints
- Developmental Support Worker diploma, OR: Personal Support Worker certificate (inclusive of any College, Private College or Adult Education Facility that includes a minimum of 600 joint classroom and practical experience hours) OR: Successful completion of at least one year of a recognized Nursing Program (BScN or Practical Nursing) OR: Successful completion of a post-secondary program in a relevant health-related field from a recognized educational institution.
- Preference for recent and related experience with transition and recovery patient population
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience with personal support theory and procedures
- Experience with basic patient care procedures (including mobility, hygiene and feeding) and the use of assistive devices
- Recent and related experience working in a mental health facility or service is preferred
- Preference for experience working with complex patients who are demonstrating treatment-resistant symptoms
- Recent experience with Patient Safety and Risk Management policies and standards, including all hospital codes and interventions
- Results oriented work ethic to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and deliver quality, consistent and timely results
- Demonstrated leadership, conflict resolution, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt readily to change
- Models and promotes core ethical practice, Waypoint Values (Caring, Respect, Accountability, Innovation), and reflects an optimistic and positive attitude
- Preference for proficiency in French/English language
- You must meet the requirements of our COVID-19 Immunization Policy by providing proof of full vaccination, or a request and receipt of an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code, including a medical exemption.
How do I apply?
Waypoint employees apply through the Employee Self-Service portal at https://employees.waypointcentre.ca and external applicants apply to http://www.waypointcentre.ca/i_want_to/join_your_team by close of business by quoting Job ID WC23-160 by close of business (5:00 pm) on May 26th, 2023. Attach your cover letter and resume detailing why you are interested in this opportunity and how you meet the qualifications and key accountabilities specified.
We are committed to diversity in the workplace and workplace well-being. As such, applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds such as First Nations, Inuit, Metis, members of a visible minority group and those with lived experience of mental health problems or illnesses are welcomed and encouraged. Waypoint welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon require for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. . All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position, however, due to high volumes only those selected for an interview will be contacted.